Chapter 17.

"I don't know your name but excuse me miss, I saw you from across the room and I got to admit that you got my attention."

-Chris Brown

~~~~~~~~~~~

"So she just kissed you and then bolted?" Ariana repeated for the twentieth fucking time.

"For the hundredth time Ana. Yes. She did. Now will you please stop asking that?" Ellison groaned into her hands.

"I'm sorry. But that's just so messed up, I mean who does that?!" Ariana's accent rang out.

"Scar. Scar does that." Ellis sighed

The two best friends were currently upstairs in Ellison's bedroom, Ellison laying on her bed while Ariana sat against the headboard, picking the skin off her grapes before popping it in her mouth. What was suppose to be an afternoon full of studying for tomorrow's test was turned into a Thursday night lazying about while telling each other their teenage problems that most parents would find over-exaggerated but to them it was their "Mid-life crisis."

"So what are you gonna do 'bout it?" Ana asked after awhile staring with a frown at the now empty bowl.

Ellison sat up, her wavy dark hair sticking up in different places resembling a zombie. She envied the fact that Ariana had just as much hair if not more but hers looked like a fierce lion. The dark blue blending in so well that her roots weren't even noticeable.

"There isn't anything for me to do Ariana. Scar made it clear that the kiss meant nothing to her by walking away even when I begged her to stop."

"But it isn't suppose to end like that!" Ariana whined making Ellison roll her eyes while mumbling "Here we go."

"You're suppose to fall in love!" She continued throwing her arms out to add a dramatic effect "When you kiss you'll both see fireworks and it'll be so romantic and beautiful, then! She'll leave her other troll for a girlfriend-"

"You and I both know damn well Winter is too pretty to be called a troll." Ellison dead-panned.

"Shut up!" Ariana smacked her with the pillow "Let me fucking imagine you bitch."

Seeing no point in arguing Ellison motioned with a hand for her to continue.

"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted. She'll realize that you're the only girl she sees! You're the only girl she needs! It's be like the good girl Ellison being the one who wil tame the bad girl Scar! Then you'll get married in Las Vegas because this country sucks so bad that gay marriage isn't legal in every state, and you guys will adopt a bunch of babies name them after the whole cast of Saved by the bell and live happily ever after!" She finished with a grin so large it made Ellison believe for a second that it could happen.

But all too soon reality crashed in and she snapped out of it, frowning and shaking her head "That's a great way to look at it A, but let's not kid ourselves. That kind of stuff only happens in books and movies. If you haven't noticed, we aren't in either of those."

Shuffling off from her bed she made her way over to her desk, picking up the Spanish textbook and saying without turning around "We should really study for an hour at least. You can sleep over if you want, if you don't mind wearing sweatpants tomorrow for school."

"No that sound good. I'm getting pretty tired of the whole big brand clothes I wear."

"That's a first." Ellison snorted climbing back beside her with a book now perched in between her crossed legs.

Scowling at Ellison, Ariana stood up with the bowl in her hands. "I'm gonna go get more grapes."

"Bring me some water." Ellison requested as Ariana walked through the door.