Chapter 19.

"Think I'll miss you forever. Like the stars miss the sun in the morning sky."

-Lana Del Rey

~~~~~~~~~~~

Scar

"Scar just keep calm." Cameron told me hesitantly his hands held out in front of him as he blocked my way from the door.

"Okay." I nodded.

As we walked in I repeated Cameron's words in my head.

Keep calm.

Keep calm.

Keep calm.

Aw. Look Ruth is cooking her famous meatloaf.

Keep calm.

Keep calm.

Keep calm.

Oh Ellison and Ariana are here too, that's a cute shirt Ariana's wearing.

Keep calm.

Keep calm.

Keep ca-

"You're such a fucking liar!"

"What happened to being calm?!" Cam threw his arms up.

Ruth, Ariana and Ellison all let out small gasps, my sudden raise of voice catching them off guard.

My focus wasn't on them though, my eyes trained on one person and one person only.

James.

"Excuse me?" His eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Do you know what day it is?" My voice was low and threatening.

"Saturday?"

"Try Izzy's soccer game asshole." I all but growled almost immediately feeling two sets of hands grip my forearms and shoulders. It didn't take a wizard to know it was Jerome and Blaze.

Pissed off didn't even begin to describe the rage that coursed through my body.

This morning when we were all getting ready for his game, packing water bottles, sandwiches, and (rather reluctantly) Jerome's customized foam finger and hand flag.

Izzy wouldn't stop gushing and talking about his father coming to his game, and how he was going to score a goal just for him. He had bragged so much I had to put on headphones with AC/DC on full volume as I tied his shoelaces and lend Cameron my earplugs. Even Frankie slipped into the car early just to escape the kids chatter from where we sat in the garage.

Unfortunately for Blaze who had neither and still needed to load up the trunk of Dante's hummer (Which was the only car that could seat all of us and was socially acceptable) he had no choice but to listen, he got so annoyed; he actually stuck a large lollipop in Izzy's mouth just to shut the giddy kid up.

So when the time came and Iz made the winning goal he looked at the crowd just to be disappointed...again.

Realizing James was no where in sight, my jaw clenched and fingers curled in fists. A new determination to make James Margo pay for letting a frown fall on his sons--and what felt like my own little brother--face.

Of course none of the other Margo boys (Who are actually his blood brothers) and Jerome felt too happy about James being a no show. Dante who had video called Ace on his cell to let him see his baby brothers game from his dorm room at college, had to take off his earphones when notifying Ace why we were all pissed, saying that Ace started swearing and was quite a loud shouter.