Chapter 22

~♡~

|"I see ocean, I see desert, I see the world

|"I see ocean, I see desert, I see the world. Everything, same thing, different name. It's life again."|

~♡~

Time flew quickly, and finally the day you looked forward to came in a flash. It was already seven in the evening, and instead of getting ready, you were enjoying the evening spring wind by your room balcony. You leaned down on the balcony, watching the beautiful sky. You could see as the wind flew past, the leaves danced, creating a small sound. The sky was painted dark blue, a blanket of shining stars scattered everywhere. The place was silvered and transformed by the light of the moon, which, at the full, hung like a great luminous pearl. It reminded you, even in the darkness, there is light.

Humming should be a soothing sound, dulcet tones creating a wordless melody, something to help you drift away to a reassuring Neverland. You found humming amusing. So you hummed, wearing your headphones, listening to the claming music that entered your ears. Leaning in your hand, you closed your eyes, finally letting yourself sing.

As you continued singing one of your favourite songs, you stole a glance at your watch, expecting to see that you still had time. But unfirtunately, you were already an hour late. Very very late.

"It's just a silly ball..."

"I mean it's not that important."

"I mean, spring balls are boring."

"Damn it Y/N, quit talking to yourself and get ready!"

You shook your head, heading to wear your dress. You've already had a long bath and a shower so you did not have a reason to extra panick.

The creamy sheets of the silk dress slipped onto your shoulders, peppering your body with soft, sensual kisses. It was a long sleeved dress, yet strapeless. Few flowers decorated the bottom, creating a lavish look. You wore a simple yet a decorative necklace your mother gifted, along with matching earrings and bracelets.

You didn't cake your face with make-up very much, only a little. Simple and beautiful, just like you wanted. Letting your hair on loose, curling them a little with your curling iron, you added a finishing touch with a creamy coloured elven crown.

You looked absolutely beautiful just like you normally were.

You carefully rushed into the hotel ball room, not wanting to break your heels. As you entered, you quickly went to the professors.

"I'm sorry I was late, forgive me." You bowed.

"Princess Y/N, it's okay. You look absolutely stunning tonight, no wonder why you were late." One of the professors gave you a smile.