73

When Natalia got back to the hotel room, Timothée greeted her timidly. He was pacy, awkward and nervous. He tried to flick back and forth from her interview but it was hard because he was constantly doing something and talking to someone.

He wasn't sure if she was being serious or not when he had received that text, but she was very spaced out when she came back to the hotel room and he wasn't too sure what to do.

"Are you okay?" He suddenly broke the silence.

She paused. They were both currently getting ready for the premiere. She turned to him, "Congratulations on your Oscar nomination."

Timothée's eyes suddenly went wide, "Oh my god— i completely— i'm so sorr—"

"Why didn't you tell me?" she asked quietly.

He looked at her and gave a little shrug, "I guess it didn't cross my mind? i assumed you knew and i knew how busy you've been— didn't think it was a big deal."

Natalia scoffed, "Not a big deal? You're nominated for an Oscar, Timothée. Your movie is nominated for four, four Oscars. How could that just slip your mind?"

"I— i don't know. I didn't think it was a big deal."

"Of course its a big deal!" she snapped, "Its a big fucking deal, Timothée. Its a fucking Oscar. You're the first person your age to be nominated in eighty years! Thats a huge deal."

Natalia didn't mean to get angry, she didn't want to show anger towards Timothée. But she was just so overwhelmed and embarrassed that she didn't know about this already. And instead she had to make a fool out of herself by saying no when she was asked if she knew.

"I-I'm sorry, so sorry. I should have told you but i just didn't think about it!" he apologised.

"I feel so stupid. I've been so invested in myself that i didn't even stop to ask you what was going on, i should have known myself, i should have asked." she stated.

"Don't say that," Timothée said, his eyes furrowing with sadness, "I should have told you and i'm sorry. you haven't been invested in yourself— we have different lives, its easy to forget things sometimes."

"I want to be as invested in your life as i am in mine, Timothée. I want to share all these moments with each other, i want us to tell each other stuff." she said sadly.

"But you shouldn't want my baggage, Natalia." he said softly.

"But i want it! i want to know whats on your mind! i want to know what you're thinking! Timmy, i want you." she said loudly, "Why can't you see how much i want you? how much i care about you? What do i have to do to make you realise i'm falling in love with you?"

At that very moment, Natalia had tears rolling down her cheeks as she stopped talking. Timothée just stared at her. She couldn't read what his face was saying— it was saying nothing. He just stood there.

"You know what— forget it, this is a big night for you and i'm not going to ruin it for you." she said taking off her shoes.

"What are you doing?" he asked, quietly.

She viciously wiped the tears from her cheeks and sniffed, "I don't want to ruin your night, please go and have fun."