Two

" Oh, come on, you stupid piece of shit!" I yelled as I hit my car

" Oh, come on, you stupid piece of shit!" I yelled as I hit my car. Once again, my car has broken down. " hello? um yes, my name is Juliet Jones, and I think my car might have died." I told him.

" Jules, I know who you are; we have caller id," Keith told me as I laughed in embarrassment. " I'll send a tow truck to you."

" thank you," I mumbled before hanging up. I tried calling my parents to get me, but of course, they didn't answer. So my last resort was Nathan.

" Ma'am?" A voice question next to me. I point my finger up, letting him know I'll be a minute.

" Nathan!! Answer your fucking phone! I'm stuck, and I need you, so this would be a great time to be a good friend." I left him a voicemail as I rolled my eyes.

"Juliet?" The same voice asked, reminding me that they were here.

" Sorry about that." I smiled at Lucas with rosy cheeks. "Asshole of a friend." I tried to make it less awkward, but it didn't work.

" do you need a ride?" He asked.

" yes, please." He opened the door for me as I got in. " oh, a gentleman. Hot." He just laughed before getting into the driver's seat. " so I heard about the game."

" Yeah, sorry about that." I gave him a confused look. Why is he Sorry? " I know he's your best friend and all, but I just can't stand around and do nothing."

" you don't need to apologize," I told him as we pulled in front of my house. " I'll see you at the game, Luke." I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

" what was that for?"

"Good luck, baby." He just laughed. A laugh that made me feel lighter on my feet. A laugh that I don't think I would ever get tired of hearing.

🧡

" Nathan." I acknowledged him with a small smile.

" Juliet, I'm s-

" leave it." I cut him off, not wanting to hear his excuses. " don't play dirty." I wiped imaginary dust off his shoulders as he Sighed. "Play smart." I placed both of my hands on each side of his neck. "Do well." He turned his head to the left as I kissed his right cheek. "Win." He turned his head to the left so I could kiss his other cheek. "And most importantly, play for yourself." We said at the same time.

"j, you know I'm sorry, right." He looked so upset.

"Mmmmmm," He raised an eyebrow at me." I know." I mumbled before walking away and over to Lucas. Something about that was different. We have done it almost more than a hundred times, and yet this time, something changed.

" Hello, Jj," Lucas smirked at me.

" hello." I smiled at him. " I came to wish you good luck."

" like you just did with Nathan over there." He rolled his eyes. Is he mad? Or jealous?

" you're hot when you're jealous." I told him as he just laughed. " good luck tonight, baby." I kissed him on the cheek before finding Haley.

" ya know, when I asked you to talk him into joining the team, I'm not sure this is what I meant." She told me as I laughed.

" I did my best, James, but he's gonna do what he wants and that goes for the both of them," I replied with a smile.

" where are you going?" She asked as I started to walk away.

" oh, I don't watch basketball, but let me know how it goes," I shouted before walking off. Is it wrong that I want Lucas to win over Nathan even though he's my best friend?