Life in a glass house

" hey, baby

" hey, baby." I leaned over and kissed Lucas's cheek.

" Hello, beautiful." He said as my cheeks got red and butterflies filled my stomach. " I missed you."

" I missed you, too." I sat down in front of him. " so what's the deal? Are we going to hang out at this annual Scott money burn or what?"

" Yeah, right." He scoffed. " like I'm going to spend the night with Nathan and dan on my Friday off? I don't think so."

" you know, I read a book last night."

" really?"

" Yeah, it's about this girl and this guy, and they've got this odd but nice relationship thing going on, but there's all this drama cause the girl's got this ex-best friend who turns out to be none other than the guy's brother. So this whole thing comes to this great, big climax at this big party at their evil dad's house."

" really?" He sounded unamused. " hmm. And what happens in the end?"

"You're just gonna have to show up to find out." I sent him a wink, walking away.

                                          🧡

"So, how do I look," I asked Lucas, stepping into his room and giving him a twirl.

" I think my new favorite color is black." He looked me up and down, causing my cheeks to turn red.

" you're cute." I wrapped my arms around his neck.

" you're cute." He went to kiss me right when a tap was heard on his door. "Excuse me." He kissed my cheek. " Haley?" I turned my head to the door. " what are you doing here?"

" First, I am saving you from that tie." She chuckled, taking her jacket off. " why didn't you help him?" She turned to me.

" I just got here." I held my hands up in surrender.

" second....we need to talk. All of us." She sighed.

" well, could we do both at the same time?" He asked, undoing his tie.

" uh, okay, you guys are not going to like this." She picked up a tie that was hanging from his door. "You guys are going to hate this. But I feel that I should tell you in the I treat if full friendship/sister disclosure."

" what could be worse than you tutoring Nathan, yeah?" He laughed, and by the look on Haley's face, I could tell where this was going.

" babe." I hit him on the arm.

" yeah?"

"It's going to get worse," I mumbled, crossing my arms over my chest.

" you like him." He sighed. This can't be good.

" Luke, do not freak out on me, okay? I can't help it any more than you can." She snapped.

" I don't like him!" Lucas yelled.

" Really, couldn't tell," I responded, sarcastically earring a glare from both of them. "Sorry."

" I'm talking about you and Peyton." Wait for what?

" Peyton??" I questioned, stepping away from them both.

"Jj." He tried grabbing my hand, but I pulled away. " you're overreacting." He told me. " nothing is going on with her."

I wanted to believe him I did, but I- I just need time to think.

" I have to go," I whispered, running away, ignoring the calls from them.

🧡

" what are you doing here?" I asked once I opened my door.

" Peyton kissed me tonight." He yelled out. I didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say. " Peyton kissed me."

" Yeah, I heard you the first time." I snapped. He just stared at me. " thanks for stopping by, I guess?" I started to close the door, but he stopped it.

" Peyton kissed me, and all I could think about was you. I don't know what this is or where this is going to go, but what I do know is that I'm falling in love with you."

Once he said that I swear my heart skipped a beat.

" and I'm telling you this in hope that you'll believe me when I say that I have no feelings for her, just you." I still don't say a word. It's, like, there's so much I want to say, but my brain couldn't put them in sentences. " I-i just needed you to know that." He started walking away.

Wait. What am I doing? Do I want him? Yes. Do I want to get hurt again? No.

" come on, Juliet, say something," I whispered to myself. He was right in his car when the answer finally came to me. " Lucas!" I yelled.

" yeah?" He questioned with his hands in his pockets.

" I think I'm falling in love with you." I smiled.