The places you have come to fear the most

" oh, look, it's your girl," Tim said out loud once I entered the locker room

" jealous, Timothy?" I questioned as everyone laughed, and he glared at me.

" I didn't think I would have been seeing you tonight," Nathan commented. To be honest, me either.

" it's game day, Nate." I smiled while rolling my eyes playfully. I could tell he felt something was off too by the small smile he gave me. "Don't play dirty," I told him as I dusted his shoulders. I felt a little awkward; everyone was watching us. "Play smart." I placed my hands on the side of his neck. "Do well," I mumbled before kissing his right cheek. "Win," I kissed him on the other cheek. " and most importantly, play for yourself." We said at the same time in a whisper without breaking eye contact. Something off, and I think the boys could feel it too.

"My turn?" Lucas asked with a smile as I giggled.

"Good luck, baby." I kissed his cheek, too, before heading off.

                                           🧡

" you know early in his career, Hemingway was... he was frustrated. He was a good writer who wanted to be great, and eventually, he discovered that less was more." Our teacher explained. " Nathan. Describe Juliet using just one word."

" Beautiful." He sent me a small smile.

" now, Juliet, describe Nathan using just one word."

I sighed. "Conflicted." I looked down, not wanting to meet his stare.

"Peyton. Describe Lucas using just one word."

"Choke." She replied as everyone besides Lucas and I laughed. Did I miss something?

" Lucas care to respond and describe Peyton?"

"Lonely." He said, shutting everyone up. I could tell by looking at Nathan; he didn't take that very lightly.

" yes, Nathan?" The teacher asked as he raised his hand.

" I can describe Lucas using just one word." The teacher nodded in approval. " bastard." I could practically see the steam coming out of Lucas's ears.

" hey! Stop!" Peyton yelled at the two boys who were now fighting. Running my hand through my hair, I stepped over and grabbed them both by the ear, causing them to let go of each other.

" she said stop!" I yelled, letting go and standing between them. " you need to grow up." I told Nathan before storming out myself. When is he ever going to learn?

                                           🧡

" hey, superstar." I joked as I walked onto the river court.

" uhh, hey." He scratched the back of his head. " listen, I wanted to say sorry about the whole Nathan thing."

" you need to stop apologizing to me about Nathan." I laughed. " it's okay. I get it." I told him truthfully.

" you do?" He raised an eyebrow.

" yes." I rolled my eyes. " you aren't the only person who has a half-sibling."

" what? Really?"

" yep. Found out about a couple of months ago when my parents spilt-"

" divorce?"

" Nope. Split on me." He sat down next to me. " they told me the truth, gave me my money, gave me the house, and left."

" I'm so sorry."

" I'm not. I have a sister out there. I real family." I sent him a smile.

"Do they know about you?"

" they don't, but her parents do, her mom, my real dad." I paused. " they told me that if I wanted to tell her that, I could, but— I don't know. I don't know if she's going to take it well, but watching you and Nathan, I kinda want to tell her."

" oh yeah? Is it our bonding experiences that pushed you to do that?" He joked as I playfully shoved him.

" how'd you know?" We laughed.

" So, who is she?" He asked.

"I'm telling you this because I trust you, Luke, but you can't tell anybody else."

" promise."

" it's Haley. Haley, James." I told him, walking away to let that sink in. I think it's time I told her.

                                            🧡

"Hey," I said to Haley as I walked into the cafe.

" Hey, Jones." She smiled at me. " what's up?"

" I have to tell you something, and I'm not sure how you are going to take it." Karen looked at us before letting Haley go.

" so?" She asked as we walked outside.

" umm, so, I found out something a couple of months ago, and I wanted to tell you I just wasn't sure how to recently."

" you're not pregnant, are you?"

" what? No." I laughed it off. " we are sisters though, Half sisters."

" umm, what, okay." She stumbles to find the right words.

" I know this is a lot to take in right now, and If you want to talk more, come find me, but if you don't, I'll understand too."

" wait!" She yelled as I turned around. " did you go to the game? I know you give Nathan a speech before each one."

" umm, no." I laughed. " shit." I can't believe I didn't go. This is the first game I missed, and I'm not even that upset about it. Maybe this is it for the jones and Scott friendship.