With arms outstretched

" Hello, superstar," I said, walking up to Lucas

" Hello, Beautiful." He responded with a kiss on my cheek. " how was the other night?"

" Ummm, interesting," I muttered.

" Did something happen?" He raised his eyebrow.

" Actually, yes, uhh, but we will talk later," I mumbled, noticing Peyton coming our way.

" how's your punching hand?" She asked Lucas.

" a lot better than the other guy's face." He joked with her. Sometimes I wonder if somethings off with us and on with them, and other times I think I'm just paranoid.

" how about you? How are you feeling?" I asked, actually concerned. No matter how mad I am or what I feel, Peyton sawyer will always be my friend.

" like an idiot." She gave us a small smile. " luke, you're cool with us being just friends. I mean, we're friends, right?" My heart stopped at that question.

Are they just friends?

" We are." He nodded, taking my hand. " and I'm cool with it. " she nodded. " and besides, I'm kinda with Juliet here." He shook his head toward me while I gave off a small smile.

" oh, well, congrats." She told us, but I couldn't tell if she was serious. " umm, I should go." She started to walk away.

" sawyer," I called out.

" yeah?"

" he's back." Her face went pale. " I'm not sure how long he's staying either, but if you want to stop by and see him, he's staying at the hotel on 4th." She gave me a quick thank you before rushing off.

Good luck, sawyer, Good luck.

🧡

" Juliet?" Nathan asked, answering his door. " what are you doing here?"

" walk with me?" I asked, with a smile on my face. He nodded his head while closing the door behind him.

" what's up?" He asked.

" I wanted to have that talk now." I mumbled, suddenly feeling very awkward. " so,-"

" Juliet, you have been my friend for as long as I can remember." He cut me off. " and I get it. I'm an ass, but you've never cut me off before, Lucas. You got to understand I was mad and jealous that he could come and still my best friend away. I needed you, and you left me." He was yelling at this point.

" Nathan, are you stupid?" I asked, not believing the words coming out of his mouth. " I've always had a probably with how you acted. You just didn't care until recently. Or maybe you didn't even notice because I'm always the one saying sorry for the problems you create or the problems with us." I ran my hands down my face. " I'm tired of fighting for people that won't fight for me." I began to walk away before he grabbed me.