Crash into you

" the guys kidnapped you, trashed your court, threatened you with bodily harm

" the guys kidnapped you, trashed your court, threatened you with bodily harm. Party? Yeah, sure, why not?" Haley ranted.

" Okay, listen. I know it's all a setup, alright? But I'm not going to let him screw with me. Whatever he dishes out, he's going to get back double." Lucas told us.

" I just don't want you to get hurt, luke." I run my hands through my hair. " but if this is what you want, then I'm right behind you." He smiled at me.

" you're the best." I smiled back, grabbing his hand and interlocking with mine.

" do you think maybe, I mean, just maybe...he's had a change of heart." My sister asked us.

" I would love to think so, James, I really would, but I know Nathan, and trust me, he did not just change overnight." She sighed at my response.

" plus, that requires heart." I gave him a look. I might not be talking to Nathan right now, but he's still my best friend, no matter what.

" let's just try to have fun tonight." I smiled at them.

They looked at me, then to each other, then to me before giving in. " Fine."

" yay!" I clapped my hands together, kissing Lucas.

" not in front of me," Haley complained while we laughed. Maybe tonight won't be that bad.

                                          🧡

" Are you sure?" I asked Lucas once we stepped out of the car. He nodded his head while interlocking our hands. " remember. Only me."

" of course." He smiled, kissing me on the head.

" I almost hate to say it, but you guys are cute," Haley told us as we walked towards the house.

" I wasn't sure you'd come," Nathan said to all of us.

" makes two of us." We started to walk past him when he stopped Haley.

" Hi, I'm Nathan Scott." He extended his hand out for her to shake. What is he doing?

" uh, yeah, I know. I'm Haley." She took his hand.

" let's go." I grabbed her wrist, pulling her away from him.

" wait. Juliet, can we talk?" Nathan asked as we walked up the stairs.

" uhhh, maybe later. I don't want to deal with you right now." I told him, rolling my eyes.

" you ok?" Lucas asked me.

" yes. Are you?"

" for now." He smiled at me. A real smile. A smile that makes your stomach do flips. A smile that can make you fall in an instant.

                                           🧡

" and what are you doing out here?" I smiled at Lucas, who approached me.

" thinking." I smiled at him.

" about Nathan?" He crossed his arms.

" If I say yes, will you be mad?" I looked up at him with tears in my eyes.

" what? No!" He bent down, so he was eye level with me. " he's your best friend. How can I be mad?" He chuckled.

"He wasn't always like this, you know? And trust me, we've had plenty of fights, and he always made sure that whatever the problem was, he'd fix it, but now...I just don't know."

" what do you mean?"

" I remember this once a time we got into a huge fight, I even threw a plate at him, and I thought we'd never get back to the way we were." I laughed at the memory. " he came to my house and waited for me for two days. He even slept out there. He said, ' I don't care how long it takes I'll wait a lifetime for you to forgive me,' but now it's been almost a week, and today was the first time he talked to me."

" he did that?" He asked, not believing such a thing. I nodded. " maybe you guys need time, you know? to grow apart, then come back together."

" I-." I stopped once I heard a familiar sound. " is that your mom?" He pulled me up so fast that I barely had any time to think. There it was, a video playing for everyone to watch, but it wasn't any video, it was a video of Karen and dan. " luke." I grabbed his hand, squeezing it for comfort.

" who's the girl?" Someone asked.

" it's my mom."

" at least her dreams came true for one of them," Nathan commented as I rolled my eyes.

" expect for the happy part, right?" He let go of my hand and left but not before pushing Nathan into the wall.

" you're a dick." I snapped at him.

" chill out." He laughed. This isn't the Nathan I know.

" no. Nathan, you need to chill." I slapped him across the face. " every day, you turn more into you're father...maybe; that's why no one will love you." I told him before storming off.

Maybe I went too far, but he needs to know that it's not okay to say and do things without consequences just because of who he is.