Boy problems

"Are you guys gonna come?" Haley asked Peyton and me as we walked around, posting flyers for the cafe

"I don't know. I want to, but I'm supposed to have plans with Liam tonight."

"Bring him," Haley told her. "I would love to meet him."

"Maybe." We laughed at the face she made. "What about you, j."

"I'm not sure I want to see Lucas or Brooke right now." I sighed.

"Maybe you should come, ya know, show him that you're happy without him." Peyton encouraged.

"But I'm not happy without him." They gave me sad looks. "And the worst part about this is that brook is supposed to be my best friend, and she doesn't care how much this is killing me."

"Look, between us, I don't see Lucas and brook as like, an epic Romance, Okay. "

"Thanks," I laughed a little. "Maybe I will come."

🧡🧡🧡

"Hey, you made it." Haley gave me a hug along with Payton as Brooke and Lucas stared.

"Yeah, I'm in the mood for fun." I laughed a little. "Where's my idiot of a brother?"

"Right here." I turned around really fast. "Didn't anybody ever teach you 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all'" he asked as the gang watched us.

"No, because my role model ran away like a coward because he couldn't choose between two girls."

"Ouch, sis, that one hurt." He placed his hand over his heart.

"Good."

"Alright, will you please leave my date alone for five minutes?" Peyton laughed and dragged him away.

"Are you guys always like that?" Lucas asked me.

"And you're talking to me because?" He looks away. "That's what I thought."

🧡🧡🧡

"Oh, I'm sorry." I apologize to the person I bumped into, not expecting to know him. "Mark?"

"Jules." He pulled me into a hug. "How've you been?"

"I could be better." I sighed. "Boy Problems."

"Wouldn't expect anything else." We laughed. "Are you here alone?"

"I'm actually with my siblings and friends." I pointed over to them, and they looked at me weird. "Would you like to join?"

"Yeah." He grabbed his drink and followed me.

"Guys, this is mark." He waved at them. "And this is my sister Haley, my brother Liam and my best friend, Peyton, and Nathan."

"Nice to meet you guys," Liam said.

Maybe coming tonight wasn't such a bad thing.