The search for something more

" Hello?" I called outstanding in the Scotts driveway

" back here." I heard his voice.

" of course, you'd be working out." I rolled my eyes.

" Juliet?" He asked, standing up. " what are you doing here?" He asked in disbelief.

" I thought maybe it's time we had that talk," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

" I would love to." He smiled, " but could it be later? I kinda ruined something between Haley and me..."

" Nathan." I scolded.

" I know, I know." He put his hands up in surrender. " but I'm going to fix it. Don't know how, but I will." The determination coming from him was a new side of Nathan. Usually, when he messed up with a girl, he would find some way to blame them.

" I'm proud of you, Nate." I smiled. He just laughed before he continued to work out. " alright, Well, I'll leave you to it." I waved goodbye.

" what do you want, Brooke?" He asked as soon as I turned around, bumping into her.

" to apologize." She then looked at me. " to the both of you."

" you can save your apologies. I don't want them." I started to walk off but not before a hand grabbed my arm.

" please. Just hear me out." She begged.

" no." I pulled my arm out of hers . " you're supposed to be my best friend, Brooke, and last night you messed that up."

" you weren't even at the party." She snapped.

" so?" I gave her a dirty look. " you don't think he told me?"

" to be honest...no."

" you're unbelievable." I rolled my eyes. " stay away from what's mine, Brooke, oh, and that goes for your slutty friend Peyton too."

" you know if you keep cutting people off, you'll have nobody left, bitch." She yelled.

I just smiled and flicked her off.

🧡

"Come in." I yelled to whoever was knocking on my door. " hey, superstar," I smiled at Lucas.

" Hello, beautiful." He leaned down and kissed me. "So, what's up?" He leaned up against my kitchen counter.

" I'm just trying to get ahold of him, but like always, nothing." I sighed.

" hey, he'll come around." He started to massage my shoulders. " and until then, how about you and I go do something?"

" like what?" I questioned.

" I guess you'll have to wait and see." He winked at me. " now get dressed."

" Okay, Bossy." He laughed while I ran to my room.
                                         🧡