Are you true?

" Nate?" I questioned once I opened my door

" Nate?" I questioned once I opened my door. " it's two in the morning....what are you doing here?" I pulled my cardigan closer to my body.

"Me? The real question is, where were you?" He pushed past me. " you're supposed to be my best friend, Juliet, but you've changed. Is it me, or is it Lucas because if I have to bet money, it would be on Lucas." He screamed at me as I patiently waited for him to be done. "He's changing you, j,  and I feel like I'm losing you."

" did you ever stop to think that maybe I had a good reason to miss this game?" I asked, but when he didn't answer, I continued. "That's right! You didn't because you only think about yourself." I snapped. " I'm not the one changing, Nate, you are, and if you want to keep me around, you have to change for the better." I walked over to my front door. " I think you should leave." I held my door open for him.

" so that's it?" He asked in disbelief.

" I don't know, Nathan, I just don't know." I sighed.

🧡

" I feel like I should be jealous," I announced once Brooke and Peyton left Lucas's locker.

" are you?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

" kinda," I told him truthfully. " I guess everyone wants a shot at the new superstar." I joked, pushing him playfully.

" I guess you're just going to have to wait your turn." He placed his arm around my shoulders. " maybe I'll save the best for last."

" Lucas." I smacked his shoulder. " hook up with anybody besides me, and I'll hurt you." I told him before walking away.

" wait, what?" He asked, but I kept walking. " Juliet! Do y-you mean that?" He stopped once he realized I wasn't coming back. " shit."

🧡

" you know she'll never go for it." Brooke laughed as some lady waxed her legs.

" so, how is your Lucas quest going?" Peyton's asked our slutty friend, making me sit straight up.

" Fine." I glared at her. " ow! Hand." She reached over for Peyton.

" let me ask you something. Why are you so persistent with this one?"

" Yeah. I would like to know that too." I butted in. " normally, you would have moved on by now."

" why? Are you guys jealous?" She laughed.

" yes!" I shouted at the same time; Peyton said no. They both just gave me looks. " I'm serious."

" do you like him?" She asked Peyton. She better not.

" no. See, there's this guy named Nathan who's also called my boyfriend." She pushed brooks hand away.

" well, maybe I want a boyfriend, too." I just laughed. " what?"

" you? Being a girlfriend?" I laughed. " Brooke, when have you ever and I mean ever wanted a boyfriend?!"

" I just want someone reliable for once, steady. Without all the drama, anger, and pettiness you and Nathan have."

" hey!" Peyton's yelled, offended.

" she's not wrong." I pointed out. " plus, Brooke, if you make a move on Lucas, I'll hurt you worse than this." I smiled at her.

" wait, what?" I leaned over and pulled the wax strip off her leg while Peyton laughed. " you bitch!"

"I love you, too." I blew her a kiss, joining Peyton in laughter.

🧡

" Woah, what happened here?" I asked, stepping onto the river court.

" like you didn't know." He snapped at me. I was taken back. I didn't know what to say. " I'm sorry." He stopped me from leaving. " I'm just- this place."

" it's okay. I know," I hugged him. " do you want help cleaning this up?"

" no. It's something I have to do alone." He smiled down at me. " but before you go...I do have a question."

" hit me."

" what did you mean by only hooking up with you?" I laughed at his face. " because I haven't been able to stop thinking about it."

" It means exactly what it means." I said in a duh tone, but he still looked confused. " hook up with anybody but me, and I'll hurt you."

" uhhh, and what about you? Do you get to hook up with other people?" He crossed his arms.

" no, silly." I rolled my eyes. " now, if you don't mind, I have people to see and places to go."

" Yeah, yeah." He chucked at me. " I'll see you later." He leaned down and kissed me. He tried to pull away, but I pulled him back, deepening the kiss. " I thought you had to go." He laughed.

"Mmmmm," I hummed in response as we pulled away. " I do."

" call me." He yelled as I walked off the court.

" maybe." I gave him a wink.

🧡

"Oh my god." I jumped into Lucas's arms once he opened the door. " when I found out what happened, I was so worried."

" it's just going to keep getting worse, Jj." He placed me down on the bed beside him. " I'm not sure what to do."

"I think you should stick with basketball because you're amazing at it, luke." He scoffed at my words. " but whatever you decide, whether it's basketball or no basketball, I'll be here for you, baby." I smiled at him.

" baby, huh?" He smiled back at me. I rolled my eyes in response. " I like it." He kissed me.

" good." I laughed. " it's getting late. I should probably go."

" or you can stay." He grabbed my hand.

" I would love that, but first, I need to make a call." I kissed his cheek before stepping into the hall.

I tried calling Nathan twice, but no answer, so On the third the I just left a voicemail. " Nathan, I'm not sure what's gotten into you, but this isn't the Nathan I know. He's your brother, Nate, and no matter what, that means something." I paused as a tear rolled down my cheek. " you wanted to know if this was it between us, and I think it is. You've changed so much, Scott, that I barely even recognize you anymore." I hung up.

Am I upset about losing Nathan? Yes, But if he doesn't change, I can't do it anymore, even if it means losing my best friend.