I shall believe

"Hey," I smiled at value when I opened my front door

"Hey," I smiled at value when I opened my front door. "Is that hot chocolate?"

"Yes. Your favorite." She smiled. "Have you been to the hospital?"

"No, I couldn't bring myself actually to go inside." My hand automatically went to my stomach.

"Yeah."

"James, I know you guys fought, but he's your best friend."

"And he's the father of your baby." Haley was right. I'm scared to go see him for all the wrong reasons.

"Hales. I don't know if I want to keep this baby. I never wanted to raise a child in a broken home like mine."

"J, I didn't know you were feeling like this." She pulled me into a side hug. "You know, even though you and Lucas aren't together doesn't mean your child wouldn't be loved."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Whatever you choose, I'll stand by you."

"I love you."

"I love you."

🧡🧡🧡

Haley's words kept playing in my head. It's wrong of me not to go and see Lucas. I'm having his baby. He deserves a visit from us.

"Hi." I lightly knocked on the hospital door. I don't know why but I wasn't expecting brook to be here.

"Juliet." Brooke stood up from her spot. You could tell she wasn't pleased, and I couldn't blame her.

"Karen, I'm so sorry." Tears started spilling down my face.

"Sorry for what?" The way she looked at me at that moment, I could tell she knew.

" I'll step out." Brooke could barely look at me.

"Brooke." She ignored me. " Karen, I'm sorry for everything, I swear."

" I never got to respond. Lucas told me but wanted to hear what I had to say in person. I was once in your position, and I feel for you. Your next decision will determine everything for you. But as Lucas's mother, I'm so disappointed. In the both of you."

"I understand."

"You will. " she held my hand, giving it a reinsurance squeeze. "I'm also proud of him. He told me how excited he was to be a dad. He also praised how much of a good mom you will be."

"He what?"

I stared at Lucas, laying there unconscious, and at that moment, I knew. No matter what happens to Lucas, I'll have this baby. For him. For me. For us.

🧡🧡🧡

" I don't know," I answered my brother with the same answer I've given him to his last ten questions. " Liam, I'm walking into the hospital. I'll see you later."

"Nate?" I was shocked to see him standing outside Lucas's door. " is he okay?"

"Yes." I turned the corner to see Haley and Lucas hugging.

"And everything is right in the world." Both turned to me before opening their arms for me to join.

"Let's never fight at the same time again."

" deal," we laughed at Haley. 

After an hour of all of us talking and laughing, visiting hours were coming to an end.

" I thought about getting an abortion. Maybe even adoption. I didn't want to raise a kid like we were raised."

"Jul-"

"But then your mom told me how much you thought I would be a great mom."

" I want this baby with you, Juliet."

"Me too. We are going to give this baby a good life. Together as friends, " his smile faded. "I have liked you for as long as I could remember, and all you've ever don't was break my heart. So, I'll raise this kid with you, but you must agree to stay friends. Forever."

" forever."