Chapter 7: Enter; The Botanist

Did you think that I would get to that so soon? XP

"One.... Two... Three..... Four..........uh ......Ten—"

"Oi brat! Hurry up in there!" Yelled your brother banging the door with his fist, by know your door is already decorated with burns and cracks, that never seem to reach the other side, you never bother asking your mom to fix it or tell him to stop already.

"Fine!" You huffed looking at the counted scales that scatter around your arm before picking your small back pack and leaving your room to see your impatient brother.

Over time he has now been more determined to be the best of the best, despite his last year graduation being months away, nothing stopped him from his strict schedule.

He wanted to have an absolute and well planned future that is: get in the most prestigious highschool in 'hero' courses, graduate top of his course, and become no. 1.

Honestly it wasn't that kept in to himself that much...

But over this stress and polishing of his skills and academics, he became more short tempered and violent, not that you'd notice. Seeing him like that is already a daily routine.

"Hey wait for me!" You shrieked in exhaustion as you try to run after him. He was on a big hurry so he wouldn't be 'late', you didn't understand why he is so bothered he had like an hour and a half before his class start.

"Big brother, school doesn't start this early! I'm still tired!"

"THEN WHY DON'T YOU JUST SLEEP IN AND LET THE HAG TAKE YOU TO SCHOOL!?" He yelled glaring at you with fearsomely dilated pupils.

You stopped a bit away from him since that he has never been that angry before you were caught by surprise.

"Y-You okay?" You tried to shrug it off with a light tease even with his furious gaze.

"You looked like you've Blown A Fuse... Ahahaha...." You grinned cheekily in hopes it would ease the tension in the air

But without a word he turned away and continued walking on. "Let Mom take you to school."

The sentence made you froze, its not the fact that he didn't want to walk with you. No, its the fact that he actually said 'Mom'.

With a down cast face you watched him walked on ahead already loosing the confidence to follow him.

[Time Skip]

The results of that mornings incident affected your over all mood for the entire day, our lack of attitude worried your friends and despite finally having a break from all your shenanigans, Shinji actually miss your hyper activity, it always made the deathly quite halls and rooms more alive.

"What happened." Having enough Tora confronted you during playtime as you weren't in the mood to play.

"Nothing" was your stoic reply, sounding dead and tired.

"Its your brother isn't it?" You groaned in frustration meaning to him that he got it correct. "Why does he hate me so much?"

You whined in annoyance but unfortunately you didn't say it quiet enough and many heard you.

"Maybe it's just that he is always grumpy!" One tried to ease.

"Or hungry, I get mad when I'm hungry." Another spoke, many spoke some a bit jokingly or is not even the case.

"Or maybe its because you aren't his real sister..." An unfamiliar voice spoke making heads turn to the corner of the reading section to see a boy with brown hair and deep forest green eyes, Kōyō Budōnoki, that's his name and to the kids he's pretty much a weird loner. He has always hated loud sounds and he too already have a quirk like many in the day care.

"That's not true, Budōnoki! Bakugo's brother surly thinks of her as a real sibling!" One of your friends defended you.

"I'm just saying think about it, you suddenly came into his life while he was doing so well and now he has to deal with as an unexpected addition to his perfect lifetime." He said monotonously.

His words made your mind finally think, had he really felt that way. Thinking back of the moments when just being with you made him made. You have noticed him trying to suppress his anger to keep himself out of trouble.

"That's not true! I'm pretty sure your just trying to bully Bakugo!"

"Think as you might but it doesn't change the one thing..." He finally quited himself, but at wrong timing leaving you to wait for him to finish.

Hesitantly you asked. "And that is?"

"Not everyone will love you the same as they love another. Your brother must have hated you in the very beginning and just pretended to be nice so he won't get into trouble. Just give up trying to get close to him. You aren't even part of his family." He says bluntly not holding back anything.

Thoughts if doubt immediately clouded your mind as you process the words Kōyō spoke.

'Maybe that is tru'

"Ah!!! Seishin! Stop it!" A scream broke you out and you saw your group trying to get Tora to stop beating Kōyō, they all knew that Tora is stronger when he's angry so none tried to stop them yet.

Quickly you made a run for them.

"Shut up! Shut up! You stupid bastard!!!" Tora yelled insults punching Kōyō's arms that covered his face. "Tora stop it!" You yelled hoping your arms under his and tried to pull him back.

With the animal off of him Kōyō slowly sat up on his place on the ground with an annoyed look.

He watched as you tried to ease the wild animal who calmed down slightly. Kōyō coughed lightly earning your attention.

"Are you okay?" You asked helping to pull Kōyō onto his feet.

"Don't touch me!" He suddenly slapped your hand off of him and stayed at a good distance away from you, pushing you in the process.

You stumbled lightly in Tora who stood as your support.

"Your always one for violence, Tora. Always picking on fights just to what? And yet you pity yourself below someone who is weaker than you. Anyway I don't need to explain so much to a furball, but hey, how's your parents? Had any praises from them?"

You didn't know how much that sentence pinched him but he snapped. Tora lunged for Kōyō one more time only to be stopped by a tendril.

Looking to where it came from you spotted Shinji at the door exhausted from maybe running all the way here but still held on to the struggling boy.

"Tora, stop it! Kōyō, I expect you to keep quiet until you enter my office and not go anywhere, am I clear?"

"Crystal, I'm not dumb like the furball."

Provoked more Tora struggled violently till his dilated eyes meet yours, filled with surprise and worry, he calm down completely and limped exhausted for using up too much energy.

Kōyō's eyes shifted from him to you filling into a deep thought, wondering what made you able to calm down Tora on short time. But he didn't bother about that now he has to follow the consequence he knew he got for himself when he opened his mouth.