Chapter 19: Afterwards

Scream were heard in small muffles and it seemed as every step was a loud bang in your ears.

Your hands felt soggy and wet but you couldn't tell from your blurried vision.

Finally after a few minutes it cleared but you immediately regretted it.

In your hands was a dead pigeon, its body was almost half devoured with its guts almost dripping from its corpse. The blood of the bird was splattered all over you, with the taste of iron in your mouth.

'D-Did I do this...?' You trembled greatly dropping the body on the ground.

You stumbled away from the piece of meet scared.

Looking up you saw your classmates and caretakers edging away from you. You felt tears puddle your eyes as you curled up in a fetal position.

"I'm sorry...! I'm sorry...! I'm sorry..!" You sobbed.

Why you? Why now? Just when everything was settling down, why does this have to happen!?

"(Y/N)!" You heard your name being called looking up you saw your friends... well your sure they don't wanna be friends with you now..

"I am so sorry..!" You sobbed loudly trying to get of the dead bird out of your head.

'Somebody please help me..!'

[--]

"Is she gonna be okay?" You heard the voice of your mother ask making your fin-like ears twitch.

"She's fine the trauma just made her pass out, no injury that is all." Replied the voice of Dr. Kōzō

"Did you know the reason that made her do that?" Your father asked.

"It may be an animal instinct that came with the mutation..."

"I see.."

Hearing nothing but silence after that you cracked your eyes open to find yourself in a hospital room.

Blinking in ignorance you looked over to your mom. "Momma.." your voice cracked.

"Oh (Y/N)..!" She smiled in relief and brought you into a hug in which you hugged back.

"Momma, I had the most gross dream ever.." you say looking up to the ceiling.

"And what is your dream?" She asked a little bit worried.

"I was eating a bird." You told them making the room grow quiet. "Oh wait not just a bird but all kinds of meat." You continued.

"And then after my plate, someone came in with another plateful of meat.. it was so yummy..!" Lightly drooling from the vision the adults looked at each other in confusion.

"Uh... (Y/N) are you hungry?" Dr. Kōzō asked.

"Yes yes! I am super hungry! So hungry I could eat a whole cow!" You grinned.

[--]

"Wow it really is like a whole cow..." you blinked in surprise at the raw meat of the cow placed on seperate plates in front of you.

"Yeah, well you said you were really hungry..! Eheh!" Dr. Kōzō nervously laughed trying to hide the fact that this was a little expirement.

"Hmm... but thet aren't even cooked..." You crossed your arms childishly.

"But how would you know you don't like it if you don't try it?" She tried to convince.

"No!" You insisted turning away.