Chapter 8 - Happiness is an Elegant Stage

Roman POV

Today is a splendid day, for we are going to be taking Y/N to a real theatre! We are going to help her put on a heart-stopping performance for just us. For now.

Patton helped me write the script for this performance. It's about a tiny little girl who shows the world that size doesn't matter! It is truly a heart warming tale. (A/N: I'm short and since you are a three year old in the story, you get to feel what it's like to be me. Ok bye I'm going to write a chapter now)

~flashback to the play preparations from the night before~

"We need to establish who shall be who in this little production." I said, trying to get everyone's attention. "Logan. You shall be the stage manager slash dramaturg. The one in charge of the plays and the one with the script and information."

"Satisfactory." Logan said.

"Virgil! You are going to be our stage hand. While on stage tech, you'll be in charge of the lights, the sounds, the costumes, the props, the actors-"

"SO MANY THINGS." Virgil says as he grabs his hair and pulls on it.

"Patton is going to be our lovable director! You're in charge of how the play is being run and how the acts progress." I told Patton

"Sounds like a PLAY-n (plan) to me!" Patton said, making sure to add a pun in his statement.

"And finally, Thomas, you will be our audience, and you will be co-director. You are there to support the actors while simultaneously helping co-direct the play." I told Thomas.

"Thanks, Roman." Thomas said.

"I'm going to hand the scripts out. You should study them so that you are fully prepared for the play tomorrow." I handed out the scripts to the others.

~present time~

Virgil POV

A cutesy, fun, self-empowering little play is exactly the type of thing I would expect from Roman. I have no idea where he comes up with this stuff. He is Thomas' creativity, so it does make sense.

I study the script as I sit by Y/N's bed. She is going to love the play Roman made for her. The script is full of glittery stuff and shiny stickers. I don't know why he gave me the job of stage tech. It's so much responsibility, but I'll do it for Y/N.

I feel someone looking over my shoulder. I look over and see nothing. That's weird. I could've sworn someone was behind me. Maybe it was Jack. Hmph. Guess it doesn't matter. I look over at Y/N and see her sleeping softly in her bed. I walk over and sit down on her bed. She opens her eyes slowly.

"Hey, Y/N. How you doin', kid?" I ask her.

"Mmm..." she stretches a little and yawns. She then falls face first into my shoulder.

"Well, someone must be tired. You're not fully awake yet, are you?"

No response except her soft breathing and hugging me.

"Heh. I'll take that as a no. Come on. The others are all waiting for us in the car." I pick her up and teleport outside to the car. I buckle her into her car seat, and we drive off towards the theatre.

"Hey, Virgil. How's Y/N? Is she even awake?" Roman asks.

"No. She's super tired." I tell him. I look over. Y/N is stirring in her sleep.