Chapter 34 - First "Love"

A/N: Trigger warning! Abusive relationships, cutting, and suicidal thoughts are in this chapter.

Reader Discretion is Advised.

Please enjoy!

Y/N POV

I'm at the music store, trying to pick out a guitar that fits my stature. The only person I have with me is Sumo, so I don't have anyone else to back me up right now. I can't send Sumo to attack this guy unless he attacked me first, since that would be a form of assault, and if I run, he's sure to catch me. I'm trapped, with no way out, just like I was years ago. Similar to a few years ago, I'm also scared out of my mind.

Because when I walked through the door to the music store, I saw a ghost. A ghost that I wish would move on and never return. Even his name makes me upset.

Ryan Northridge.

~flashback~

Third Grade. One of the worst years of my life. My teacher hated me with a passion for no reason, and I had the worst time dealing with the kids surrounding me.

However, one kid in particular was the worst of all to deal with.

His name was Ryan Northridge. He was the player of the school even at a young age. He was the son of the teacher, Mr. Northridge, and he was also in his class. The only reason this kid passed the third grade is because his father let him. If he ever saw his son doing something wrong, which was usually mistreating me, Mr. Northridge would send me to the office.

This happened so much that the office staff knew why I was there. The principal and the vice principal both loved me, as well as the ladies in the front desk. Most of my teachers in primary school hated me, so they knew me well. They knew I wasn't the type of kid to cause trouble or hurt others, so they didn't put anything on my transcript, and they would give me candy. The office staff would usually keep me there and help me work on my class work in peace so it would seem like the principal was lecturing me. I usually finished quickly, since my teachers never gave me much work, so I'd end up helping the front desk staff with little tasks. It was actually pretty fun. Then I would head back to class after a reasonable amount of time had passed.

One day in particular was really traumatic for me. I was in the office because my teacher told me that side swept bangs didn't qualify as bangs. The second I tried to reason with him, I was sent to the office.

The front desk staff, Mrs. Miriam and Mrs. Tracy, asked me what happened, then they sat me down in my usual spot next to them. Of course, school policy dictated that they had to call a parent or guardian when I got sent to the office, so Dad would brings everyone in the office lunch, including the principal. On this particular day, he brought everybody pizza.

Everything was going well. I was helping the office staff write down memos, organizing the office supplies, and I answered a few calls from the parents of my friends. We were all enjoying pizza, as well as some ice cream and cookies that the nurse had found in the teacher's lounge freezer. The nurse would let me into the teacher's lounge from time-to-time to make something out of the various treats we kept there, since she'd always wanted to be a chef. We made ice cream sandwiches for everyone that day. We even brought some to the teachers who actually did like me: the art teacher, computer teacher, French teacher, and the other electives teachers.

Not every good thing lasts, however. Mr. Northridge came into the teacher's lounge and caught us.

"What are you doing with that filthy rat? Get it out of here!" Mr. Northridge stormed over and was ready to hit me, but the Nurse, Nurse Elise, stood between us, and Mr. Northridge punched her. He even left a red mark on her face, like she had been hit by a baseball.