Chapter 21 - A Rainy Home and Coffee Foam

Y/N POV

It's the middle of the night. I can't sleep again, which shocks absolutely no one. I'm in a lot of pain, so I went to visit Gramps at the convenience store. He gave me some tea, and let me grab a pack of pain killers along with my food tonight.

I'm sitting on the roof, eating my food, and watching the rain, when I get a text. It's from Xavier.

Xavier

Hey, can I hang out with you on your roof right now?

How did you know I was awake?

You're sitting on your roof, with Toby, eating a slice of pizza under a makeshift roof that you use to keep the rain out, on a pile of cushions and blankets

Also, it's not hard to know when you're awake since I live ACROSS THE STREET and you're ON YOUR ROOF

This happens EVERY NIGHT since you literally NEVER SLEEP

...

Fair point. Just get over here

Be there in five, and with more food

That's why you're such an awesome boyfriend

Because I bring you food?

Because you have priorities, and your priorities consist of food

I'll see you in a minute, Oreo

I'll see you soon, Cinnabon

———————————

I set my phone down next to me and smile to myself. Toby rests his head on my lap as we watch the rain. Xavier helped me build this roof out of a clear tarp and some strong tape. (A/N: i jUSt sAWeD thIs bOAt iN hAlF anD i fIXeD iT uSIng flEX tApE! wOw! [The author regrets to inform you that she's not sorry. They're also going to continue writing now])

Xavier also got me these cushions and some blankets to keep me warm, and to make me more comfortable.

After a little while, I see Xavier run across the street and make his way up the ladder. Toby walks over to the ledge and peers over it curiously. Xavier doesn't even have to chance to climb all the way up before Toby starts licking his face.

"Calm down, Toby! Let me get on the roof before I fall!" Xavier laughs.

"Toby, come!" Toby makes his way under the tarp and shakes the rain off of his fur, which gets both of us wet.

"Toby!" I scold him playfully.

Toby licks the water off of my face as an apology.

"Okay, you're forgiven." I say as I wipe my face with a blanket.

Xavier sits down next to me and kisses me on the lips.

"Hello, my lady." He says.

"Hello, my sweet little dork." I reply.