Chapter 17 - A Father's Love

A/N: All I'm going to say is prEPARE FOR THE FEELS, MY DUDES.

Enjoy! :3

Y/N POV

I can't move.

I just woke up from a nightmare, but I can't breathe, speak, or move. I can't even cry. That's how horrifying this was.

All I saw was Mr. Jack standing above Mr. Thomas who was dead on the floor before I woke up.

Toby is licking my face and sitting in my lap, trying to comfort me.

What I saw was so horrifying that I can't even react. I feel tears start to fall down my face, but I can't even move enough to wipe them off my face. I try to stand and run to Mr. Thomas's room, but my legs won't move.

I can't scream, I can't cry, and I can't move. All I can do is sit and bask in the true horror that I have witnessed.

~time skip~

I wake up from a dreamless sleep and walk downstairs to find Mr. Thomas. Once I get downstairs, however, I am greeted with silence. Mr. Logan isn't reading on the couch, Mr. Patton isn't cooking, Mr. Virgil isn't watching the television, and Mr. Thomas and Mr. Roman aren't talking with Mr. Patton in the kitchen.

"Mr. Virgil? Mr. Patton? Mr. Thomas? Mr. Roman? Mr. Logan?" I call out desperately. "Anyone?"

I search the whole house, including everyone's rooms, but no one seems to be here. What is even weirder is that no one left a note saying where they would be.

The only place I haven't been is the basement. I haven't been down there in a few months. I decide to suck it up and just check for clues since there's nothing else to do.

I turn on the torch on my phone and slowly walk downstairs. The basement is just as big and cluttered as it was when I was last down here. Toby follows closely behind me, growling at the darkness.

I look around the basement and find nothing until I see a spider, but it's no ordinary spider.

"Deceit." I say coldly.

The spider morphs into the slimy character that tried to hurt me months ago.

"Ah, Y/N, my brave little child. How have you been?" He says with a menacing tone.

"Where's Mr. Thomas? And the others? What did you do?" I ask, getting straight to the point.

"What a perceptive little girl you are. You actually noticed they were gone." He says with a sickening grin.

"How could I not notice? They're my family. They're always there for me. I always see them when I wake up, but they left without a trace. Now you're here, which makes me even more suspicious." I state.

"You think that I had something to do with this? Y/N, I thought you knew me better than that. Just because I showed up doesn't mean that I hurt your little 'family.'"

"I know you which is why I will ask again. Where is my family and what did you do with them?" I repeat.

"You want to know so badly? Fine, I'll tell you, but first, how about a wager? If I win, I'll help you get to see your 'family' alive again. If I win, you have to live trapped in the mind-scape forever. Do we have a deal?" Deceit asks, holding out his hand for a handshake.

"Fine. Deal." I shake Deceit's hand.

"Good." He says with a devilish look in his eyes.

Before I know it, we are teleported to the mind-scape. We're inside Mr. Thomas's mind. Toby is still growling, not taking his eyes off of Deceit.