Chapter One - In which they meet

I sighed, wrapped my cold hands around my coffee, the skin under my nails almost purple from the cold. I was staring at the table, solemnly, doing my best not to cry. My dog, Buck, had just died today. He was accidently shot by a hunter after we had decided to go for a walk, in a nearby park. He had died in my arms, whimpering, and gently licking tears off my face, as if comforting me, and letting me know it would be ok. As I was staring into space, thinking of him, someone sat down at my table. I looked up, expecting a friend, and blanked out when seeing who had accidently sat next to me. Jensen Ackles. The one and only. Actor, absolute babe... I must have been dreaming. He swiftly apologized to me and stood up, moving to a different table. I continued to be frozen in spot, staring where he once sat. He was absolutely beautiful, comparable to a greek sculpture. I knew I would never see him again though, unless I was lucky enough to run into him at a convention.

I finished my coffee and left, heading home to my roommate. She took care of Buck's cremation fees and took his body to the vet. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket but ignored it, assuming it wasn't too important, as typically it isn't. Probably just Lizzie letting me know the cremation was done and she was back home with Buck.

As I continued my walk, to my shared apartment, I felt like I had several pairs of eyes on me. I shook the feeling off and continued walking, until I got to the building, quickly making my way to the elevator. I pressed my finger against the button for the 3rd floor, and felt the elevator slowly go up. It stopped a couple times for people to get on, and off, and eventually it was my turn to as well. I stepped out of the elevator and into the hall. I walked past a few doors and stopped in front of mine, decorated with a large L and J, opening it slowly. Arms wrapped around my waist and I was pulled into my house, whilst being hugged, by the one and only Elizabeth. She grinned at me, her long, curly blonde hair bouncing around. I grinned back at the constatly cheerful girl.

"You met him!" She squealed, being her usual vague self.

"What? Who did I meet now?" I responded to her, confused. She pulled up her phone, with a picture on screen.

It was from the cafè, when Jensen had accidently sat right next to me. The caption read: Jensen ackles new girlfriend? And there was already...  OVER TEN THOUSAND COMMENTS?

"I can't believe you didn't tell ME! Your best friend, and roomie!" She was jumping in the spot.

"Girlfriend? What kind of social media speculation is that?" I was still in shock from what happened in the first place. I took her phone from her, looking at the post. I scrolled through the comments, and some really grabbed my attention.

She looks like a whore!

Omg I'm way prettier then her.

I bet she's just a toy.

One night stand? Probably

She looks like a prostitute.

After scrolling through a lot of rude comments, a few kind ones, and an occasional person calling people out on the speculation, one stood out, out of all of them.

Leave her alone.

That seems normal and all, someone standing up for a random person on the internet. There tends to be a few fairly nice people out there, defending people who receive hate, whether they deserve it or not.

But it stood out most because of the person who had typed the comment. Not just a typical rando defending someone online.

Jensen.

I rationalize he saw the post after getting tagged and having people send it to him and got tired of speculation. Either way, it was odd but felt nice. I did appreciate his defense, but I think he should be more worried about his career. I know several celebrities who have lost large fan bases just for getting in a relationship.

I know its irrational to not like a celebrity because they're in a relationship, as if they would ever date a super bland regular person. On the other hand I know relationships can sometimes interfere with careers. But either way, his crazy heart-eyed fans had nothing to worry about.

Even if it was possible, he wouldn't be interested in me.