Chapter Thirteen - Choke me

I gently picked up my breakfast bagel and took a bite, my mouth watering at the wonderful taste. I could feel Jensen looking at me as well, and I smiled lightly at him, trying to assure him I was ok.

I really wasn't and I'm sure he knew that well. After Natalie told me about my rent, and how I was officially kicked out, I was basically homeless.

Where in the world would I go? I refused to ask Jensen for help, as he had helped me lots already, and I just distanced myself from him enough. I know I needed the help, badly, but I had too much pride to ask for something, even when I needed it desperately.

"Jennifer. Look at me," Jensen frowned. I glanced at him and he held me tighter. "You're staying with me now," I began to open my mouth to argue but he continued. "You have nowhere else to go, and besides..." He looked down, a light pink tint on his cheeks. "I love you. I don't want anything bad to happen to you. I won't let anything bad happen to you,"

"You what-" I choked on my bagel. "Sorry, huh?"

"I guess that was forward huh," He blushed. "My last relationship ended from me not being straightforward, and too cold, and I don't want to make that mistake again. I refuse to," He scratched the back of his neck.