Matchmaking Disaster (1)*

Copyright © 2012

Kristine Cuevas

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author / publisher.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Matchmaking Disaster (1)

Ali Park

20 years old

A football quarterback

Living in an apartment in New Jersey

Currently a second year college student

               This information was from guy number six. This was the sixth time that I visited this place called 'Find the Better Half'. Well, this place wasn't attracting so many customers. I had been reading information sheets, and then trying to talk to them, and then pass it on.

               Couldn't I just find someone that would fit to my standards? I screamed inside my head.

               I thought of leaving early but I decided to try one more. So, when the announcer pressed the buzzer, the guys moved one chair to the right. I was checking some text messages when the buzzer rang. I was not able to see who was seated across the table.

               A waving hand just caught my attention. So, I put down my cell phone. He handed me his information sheet.

               Zachary Davis

               21 years old

               A football quarterback

               Living in an apartment in New Jersey

               Currently a third year college student

               This was almost the same as the last one. I put on a smile on my face just to be polite and start a conversation.

               "Hello. I'm Sapphire Anderson. Nice to meet you..." I looked at the paper again to see his name, "...Zachary."

               "Please, just Zac. And it's a pleasure meeting a beautiful lady like you Sapphire." He grabbed my left hand and kissed it.

               Another player!

               He was a player, right?

               I met a lot of guys like that and I could tell that he was a damn player.

               I removed my hand to him and rubbed the part that he kissed. Of course, I rubbed it without him seeing it. It's just un-ethical to do that in front of such a handsome guy.

               He was blonde. His hair was ruffled in a way that it covered a part of his forehead, which was a little attractive. His forest green eyes wanted me to just stare into it. And not to mention, he was six feet in height. Well, how tall was that!

               I saw the time on the clock as it ticked down. I was just waiting for it to reach zero, and then I would leave.

               I thought Zac just noticed that I zoned out a little, so without any further ado, "Can I have your number?" There, he said it. He wanted my number!

               He was staring at me and I was at a loss for words. I thought that I was drooling but I was back to my senses when I heard the buzzer rang. The time was up and the participants had a chance to go to the bathroom, re-touch their make up or just leave.

                That's my cue.

               I was about to stand up when he grabbed onto my wrist.

               Oh! I totally forgot. He wanted my number.

               I looked for a calling card inside my violet pouch but it's like I was not able to put any. Then I saw his cell phone on the table. I grabbed it immediately, dialled my number and let it rang. After a few ring, I pushed the end button.

               "Well, you got my number and I got yours. Bye." I left without another word.

               When I was out of the restaurant, I just realized that I left my car key on the table. How could I be so forgetful? Now, I had to go back in there and see that guy again.

               I massaged my temple, feeling so careless. What if someone got it? What if...

               "Sapphire!"

               My thoughts were cut off by someone who's shouting at me, more like calling me.

               I spun around and saw that guy again. That guy named Zac. Not only that, I would be seeing his forest green eyes again. Oh no!

               He stopped in front of me, breathing so heavily like he had run for the Olympics. He almost fell out of his knee. "You... you forgot your... car... key," he said in between breaths. He didn't really have to bring it to me. I could just pick it up inside again. Oh, well.

               I put a fake smile on my face and got the key in his hand. Accidentally, my fingers brushed to his fingers, which caused some electric shock to me. I didn't know if he felt it, but I felt it like crazy!

               "Thank you. Well, I was about to go back in and then, you're here. Thank you so much." I patted him on the shoulder. I felt a little bad for him. He just ran up to me just to give my car key and all I could do and say was thank you. "Thank you. You want to go somewhere else? I'll treat you for giving me my car key. It's the least I could do for the trouble I gave you." I leaned forward just to get a closer look of his face.

               Wow! If he wasn't so handsome.

               "I think I'll pass," he uttered, making me scowl at him. Did he just say I'd pass? That meant rejecting, right?

                "Come again?" I heard myself asking.

               He stood up straight, and now I could finally see the full shot of his face. "I'll pass." Then he smiled.

                I gave him a sinister look. "Okay. Bye." I turned my back on him and walked to the direction where I parked my car. "And don't mind calling or texting me," I mumbled all to myself.

               "Actually..." he said, loud enough for me to hear it.

               "Save it!" I raised my left hand to make him stop. He could understand what I meant by that, right? If he couldn't, he's just the stupidest out of all the stupid.

               I slid inside my car, inserted the key and drove away. When I passed him, I saw him wave his goodbye, then he shoved his hands in his pockets.

               I knew I said that I didn't want him to call or text me but then again, maybe I wanted him to. He looked hot and probably he might be the one I was looking for to replace my stupid, cheater ex-boyfriend.

-----

This is new, edited Matchmaking Disaster.

VOTE, COMMENT, and BE A FAN.