Matchmaking Disaster (32)

Sorry for the long wait. Been busy with school lately. Also, tomorrow is our outreach program and I’m going to perform with my friends. Wish us luck. :)

The song on the side is Taylor Swift's new single "RED". It's also the name of her new album that will be out on October 22, 2012. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchmaking Disaster (32)

It had been two weeks since the talent showcase. I was always busy with school projects and assignments. I barely had a time to hang out with Monica. But she, on the other hand, always found a way to call me just to make sure if I was okay, if I had been eating and the like. She’s becoming a mother to me. Harry also was always busy, but just like Monica, he’d always call. I loved them both for caring so much about me.

I decided to talk to Zac today. It’s Friday and school’s over. I called him last night to tell him to meet me at the park after school. And here I was, waiting for him for almost thirty minutes now.

I was losing all the patience in me and I was starting to get irritated by the minute. Where was he? Why he hadn’t show up yet?

‘Probably making out with Leah.’ Oh! Shut up mind. Today’s not the time to make such sarcastic jokes in my head.

I sighed exasperatedly as I sat down on one of the benches. “Where is he?” I muttered to myself.

“Hey!” a familiar voice blurted from behind me. I didn’t bother to look at him. He’s late. So late. “I’m sorry if I was late. Something came up,” he said as he sat next to me.

I scooted away from him a little, not wanting him to get close to me. “It’s okay, I understand. You don’t need to explain anything. Who am I to you anyway? I’m just a no—“ he cut me off before I could even finish what I was saying.

“You’re a nobody Sapphire.” I faced him. He was at his earnest. His green orbs were dull, his skin was so pale. He looked so weak and fragile.

‘Snap out of it Sapphire! Don’t fall for his act.’ A voice lectured inside my head. Right. He’s just acting it all. I averted my gaze to him. I didn’t want to see his eyes again. It’ll made me weak.

“I’m a nobody to you Zac. Don’t make this any harder than it was before.” I felt tears starting to welled up in my eyes. Damn all the sad emotion. I just blinked it away and continued, “Can you tell me why Zac? Why you had to do it? Why you had to be an arrogant person? I was thinking that you were different to the others. But you’re just like them. You played my emotions.” My voice was husky. I could feel now the tears poured down my face. It was hard to control. I just wanted to be over with this problem. I was so tired crying every night.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to,” he mumbled. Wow! He didn’t mean to!

I chuckled but with no humor. “Really Zac? Don’t play dumb with me. You didn’t mean to? Seriously?” I glared at him, anger flashed in my eyes.

He ruffled his hair before saying, “I- uh.. I was alone.. lonely. I—I..” he stopped. He turned to the side, avoiding my glare. I saw his jaw tensed as he bit his lips.

“Alone. Lonely.” I breathe in. “Yeah, that’s a good answer, you know. You were lonely so you invited a FRIEND. Yeah, I knew that. You were lonely and ALONE! Gosh! I’m so sorry,” I apologized sarcastically.

Was that an enough reason? Hell no! Alone? Lonely? Who was he kidding?!

“Damn it,” he hissed.