Matchmaking Disaster (36)

I didn’t know how many days had gone. All I know was that, Zac did really said his final goodbye to me, but still sending me text messages and a lot of e-mails which I just ignored, and Monica trying t explain herself.

It was a wrong move to do that. Why would you use the love of the life of your best friend, just so she could change one of her characteristics? Sadly, Monica didn’t thought about the consequences of her action. She kept on apologizing to me but I was just ignoring it all. Well, she wanted me to change that characteristic of mine anyway. At least, her work paid off.

“Sapphire, please just listen to me,” she pleaded. I slammed my locker’s door as I scowl at her. She wouldn’t stop. She would just keep on saying sorry, which I hated.

I hated the word sorry and I love you. Those words just give me memories from the past that I didn’t want to remember anymore.

If you made a sin and you simply say sorry, do you think policemen would still have people to out in jail? That’s what the law was about.

Sorry was just a word. It could be use in different ways as to how the person will say it.

I stared at Monica blankly. She knew what would I respond to her but she still kept on doing it.

“Didn’t I tell you?! I’ve had enough of you saying sorry to me. Monica just drop it. If you think that after saying sorry I would forgive you, well think again. You’re the one who made me a stubborn girl hard to beg for forgiveness. I have to thank you for that,” I said sarcastically.

“Sapphire=”

“Monica, drop it.” I left her afterwards.

This was one of the reasons why I easily forgive people. I didn’t have to feel any guilt. But now that Monica and Zac made me hard as a stone, it felt good. The things that I would felt if I rejected someone saying sorry vanished.

It’s a new me. Everything in me was new. I just have to focus my mind in this new norm I was in.

* * * * *

All of my class went by uneventful. Nothing really special happened. Except for some quizzed and impromptu recitation.

Tomorrow we would be starting in designing a house. I was so excited for that. But that excitement immediately vanished when my teacher said that we had to find an architect or at least an architecture student, who would design the structure of the house. Unfortunately, there’s only one person I knew who had knowledge in that area. But I didn’t have to. I was never planning to talk to him.

How could I design a house if there’s no house to design with in the first place? I think I’d better call dad and ask him if he knew someone who could help me.

I sat on the couch and dialed my dad’s number. On the second ring, he picked it up. “Hello princess,” he chirped enthusiastically.

“Hello to you too dad,” I answered with the same enthusiasm.

“So, what made you call?”

“Yes dad, uhmm, do you know anyone who is an architect or at least an architecture student? We were going to design a house tomorrow but we have to design a house designed by an architect,” I told him, sounding hopeful.

“Ah! Yes there is someone I know. But why don’t you just ask Zac? He’s mom is an architect and his dad’s an engineer. Perfect combination, right?! And then, you two. Zac’s taking architecture and you’re inte-“