Matchmaking Disaster (21)

I changed into dry clothes as Harry waited for me outside. Its five o’clock and he had to go home for some important matter. Well, Emerald called him and that little brat didn’t even bother to ask if he was busy or not. But Harry said that it was okay. He wanted to visit us anyway.

As I went downstairs, a voice cracked up, catching my attention. “Sapphire,” was all he could say. There’s sadness in his eyes.

“Yeah?!” I managed to say but only choked at my own words. Was I nervous that he’s going to say something? Something that he wanted to tell me?! I couldn’t even point the expression he was giving me. It was blank. Emotionless!

An awkward silence started to build up. ‘Really Zac?! Now’s the time to act like a shy girl?!’ I thought to myself.

‘He’s afraid of you,’ and another voice blurted out.

Who even invented mind wars?! I was completely going out of it. Crazy. Yeah! That’s the word! I was crazy for having mind wars.

‘Well it’s because you’re stupid.’

‘I am not!’

‘Yes you are! Stupid on love!!’

Okay stop it! I was clearly going insane by the minute. Wasn’t he the one who approached me? Why he was not saying anything?!

“What is It Zac?” I asked, cutting off my mind wars.

He ruffled his already disheveled hair. He must had been sleeping all the time we were out. Or was he?!

Did I mention he’s shirtless?!

‘Damn it Sapphire. Stop it! You’re already drooling!’ I slapped my face mentally to stop myself from weird thinking.

‘But how can you make me stop?! There’s a super hot guy in front of me. For goodness sake!’

“I-uh…” he started, finally cutting me off, thank goodness. “Are we still going out tonight?! You know, the carnival thing?”

Oh! That’s it! I almost forget. The carnival. Right. “Yeah. Harry was just about to leave. I’ll just say goodbye and then we can go.” I didn’t wait for him to answer as I immediately made my way downstairs, closing the front door behind me.

Harry was sitting by the fountain, looking down at his feet. I walked to his direction and stopped in front of him.

He looked up at me and gave me the most angelic smile he had. It was real and I couldn’t help but smile at him too.

“What took you so long?” he pouted. Wow! A very quick change of mood. From angelic smile to a pouting gorgeous guy. Mood swing blah!

I chuckled, “Sorry. Zac just said something.” I slapped myself mentally. Why did I even said his name? Now he’s not going to leave until he knew the –

“I see. Well I should go then,” he said, catching me completely off guard. My jaw dropped. Did he just—well, he didn’t need to worry anything at all. So there’s no reason at all for him to care why Zac’s living with us.

He straightened himself and walked to the direction of his car.

“Bye. Take care.” I waved as he drove off. Once he was out of sight, I quickly made my way to my room to change.

I stared at the pile of clothes lying on my bed. ‘Why did I even care in wearing something good if it was only Zac I’m with? It’s not that I’m trying to impress him.’ I thought to myself.

I bit my bottom lip and decided to wear white shirt that loosely hang on my shoulder and a skinny jean. I wore my converse and pulled my hair in a ponytail.

“That should do it.” I muttered as I looked at myself in the mirror. I grabbed my sling bag and went out of my room.

I went downstairs and saw Zac sitting on the couch. He stood up when he saw me and asked, “Ready to go?”

I managed to make a smile and just simply nodded.

“Wow!” was all I could say. The carnival was so cool. The place was lit up with different lights. There were so many rides. It was amazing. I think I’m going back to my ten-year-old self. It’s my first time here so I was really amazed by the looks of it. I didn’t know that carnival was this cool. If I knew then I should have been here before.

I heard Zac chuckled beside me, and I felt my cheek heat up. This was embarrassing. “What are you laughing at?!” I grumbled, narrowing my eyes at him.

“You’re so cute, you know that! Is it your first time here?” he raised an eyebrow, waiting for me to answer.

I opened my mouth but shut it close again when no words came out. Huge lumps were forming in my throat. Why was I getting nervous all of a sudden?

“Come on. Let’s just enjoy the night,” he reached for my hand and hold it.

I felt my heart skipped a beat and butterflies were in my stomach. Why was I feeling this?! Has I really—NO! That couldn’t be.

I hadn’t noticed that his fingers were entwined in mine. We looked like a couple. ‘Oh shit! Sapphire let go.’ A voice shouted in my mind. But my hand wouldn’t let go. I think I liked the feeling of his hand in mine. I really liked it.

We stopped walking, “So what should we ride first?” he asked, looking down at me.

“I—I think we should…” I paused, looking around for the perfect ride. Since it was my first time, I wanted my first ride to be something awesome. “What about the roller coaster?” I looked at hi in the eyes, smiling.

“You think? That’s a short ride but—“

“It’s cool. I can manage. Are you scared?!” I teased him, cutting off his ranting.

He grinned,” I’m not. But I warn you, don’t be crying after the ride,” he walked away, letting go of my hand.

For some reason, I felt so alone and scared without him holding me.

“I’m feeling sick.” I said as we took a seat at one of the empty benches.

“Told you.”

I glared at him. Why did he have to act this way? Couldn’t he just comfort me?!

“Could you just please buy me a water. I really need one.” I told him.

“Okay, just wait for me here,” he said as he stood up and went to the water stand near the bench.

Involuntarily, my head turned to the right side. My eyes snapped wide open, my jaw dropped almost hitting the floor and my dizziness suddenly disappeared. I think I was seeing things. That couldn’t be him!

He was at New Jersey. How could he be here in Cincinnati? Its 624 miles from here to New Jersey. How did he—Oh my gosh! That couldn’t be!!

Did he just follow me all the way here?!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys. I’m back. Sorry if I wasn’t able to update for almost a week. I’ve been busy with school lately, hope you still read it. So sorry too if this is short. Don’t worry it gets better.

Please comment guys. I’m starting to think that you don’t like my story or the way I write. I haven’t received any comments since chapter 6 and it really bothers me. Please comment and tell me what you think. If you don’t have a wattpad account, the link to my facebook page is on the right, just click external link or just go to my profile, you’ll see the link there.

Thanks. :))