Matchmaking Disaster (9)

So, I've been off for a while. Sorry for the slow updates.

Here's chapter 9.. Don't forget to vote and comment.. I'll appreciate it so much. :))

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchmaking Disaster (9)

As I expected, the rumor had been roaming around the school for two days. Zac was overjoyed by hearing the rumors about the two of us. Monica and I always watched him during football practices, and I must say, I pretty good at acting. While Harry... Harry was pissed when he heard the rumor. He approached me one time, and asked if it was true. Of course, I denied it. The poor boy believed me. How great was that?

But the spreading of the rumor had a disadvantage. Since Zac was popular, most of the girls hated me now.

"Sapphire!" a familiar voice shouted from afar. I spun my heel and I saw Harry approaching. I smiled to him as he wrapped his arm around my waist, and pulling me into a hug.

When we pulled back from the hug. I've seen something in his eyes that I hadn't seen before. Sadness? Disappointment? Anger? I couldn't tell.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked him. I'm really bothered by the way he looked at me. Even though I'm angry at him by the fact that he cheated on me, I'm not as bad as him. I had feelings and I could tell that there was something wrong with this guy.

He sighed. He put his right hand onto my cheek and, "I'm sorry." Why he's saying sorry? Did he knew that I saw them kissing?! Oh no! This couldn't be good. "I'm just jealous."

Wow! I thought he never got jealous. Whoa! Wait! He's jealous??!

"Jealous?!" I voiced my thoughts. He put his hand to his side.

* * * * *

"That was odd! Harry never got jealous." I grumbled, as we sit and placed our tray at the table.

Monica, who was munching on her sandwich said, "And so? Does it bother you? The guy cheated on you... TWICE! You should not be bothered if he's jealous all of a sudden. He might be on to something. Don't let him fool you."

I sighed. The last time that I ignored Monica's violent reaction about Harry, I ended up crying. So, I'll be listening to her now. Hopefully, I could control myself.

Well, I'm the type of a person who immediately forgives. Once you apologize, I forgive you. And that's one of my characteristics Monica wanted me to change.

Before I could take a bite of my sandwich, someone covered my eyes. I heard Monica chuckled and that means, "Zac, I know it's you."

"Oh! You got me again." He stomped his feet like a five-year-old boy. "How can you do that?" he asked as he took a seat next to me.

I smirked at him. "I can sense you." I took a bite of my sandwich, munching on it slowly. This guy was so easy to manipulate. I thought to myself.

He placed his elbow at the table and rested his head on his palm, causing his hair to fell sideways. He stared at me, smiling like a lunatic who just got out of his cage.

"What?" my eyebrows furrowed, a little afraid of what he's going to do.

He continued to stare at me as I finish my lunch. Monica got up first, then me. But before i could step away, Zac pulled me back to the chair. "Can I borrow her? I just need some time alone with her." he said to Monica. Then he returned his gaze at me.

"You can borrow her for as long as you want." Monica giggled, walking away. Her figure was slowly fading then gone. I couldn't believe it. She left me with this lunatic.

There was silence for a moment.

I didn't need to start the conversation, he should! He grabbed me back to this chair, so there's no wa--

"So," he started. My thoughts were finally cut off. "You received the flowers, right?" He looked down and started playing with his fingers.

"Yeah." I answered back. "But why is it--"

"With Harry?" he finished for me. "You see. I was on my way to your place to give those. But I saw Harry and he told me that it was your anniversary. Second anniversary. So I thought, this might be not the right time. I gave it to him instead. Then I forgot that there was a card in the flower." He looked at me straight in the eyes. His eyes glistened with joy, but somewhat sad.

I let out a long sigh. "I'm sorry if I wasn't able to show up the other day. I wasn't planning to ditch you, just something important came up." I drawled nervously.

He was staring at me like I killed someone. "Harry just wanted to... How can I say that??!" His eyebrows furrowed, thinking of the right word to say. "Ah! He... You know... Sleep with you. Get you to bed."

"What? That's just what he wanted?!" I screeched. Harry just wanted me to get to bed?! What a jackass!

"Why don't you just break up with him? You do know that he's cheating on you, right?!" he leaned forward. Our faces were just two inches apart.

I stood up, not wanting to answer his question. "I gotta go. I'll be late for my next class." I said, turned my back on him and started to walk away.

# # # # #

Zac's P.O.V.

I just stared at her diminishing figure. She didn't even bother to answer my question. Did she love that jerk? She didn't deserve everything that that guy was doing.

I heard the doorbell rang, signaling the students that lunch was over and we should go to our next class. I wasn't in the mood now to attend my remaining classes. Sapphire filled my head with thoughts of her.

I walked out of the cafeteria and went to the parking lot of the school. I decided to go somewhere else. Somewhere where I could think properly.

After driving for twenty minutes, at last I arrived at Find your Better Half. This was the place where I first met her. She was wearing a purple dress and carrying a violet purse. She was gorgeous and still is! But me?! Rejecting her offer that day?! I think that, that just marked my annoyance to her.

I went inside the restaurant, looking around to see where I should sit. Then I decided to go to the matchmaking area and who knows! I might find someone else.

I filled up an information sheet that the lady at the front gave to me. Was this right? I thought to myself. I'm having second thoughts about this one but I still continued.

I sat at the chair across with the redhead girl.

When the announcer pressed the buzzer, it signaled us that it'll start.

I handed my information sheet to the girl. She looked at me for a second then went back to the paper. I could see her brows furrowing, her lips were curving into a little smirk.

She tilted her head up and said, "Nice to meet you Zac. I'm Ehra." She offered a hand shake. She smiled sheepishly and then let go of my hand.

Wait! Did I hear her right?! Her name's Ehra? Ehra what?!

"Ehra what?" I voiced my thoughts. I hope I'm wrong. I hope she's not her.

Her smirk grew even bigger. "Ehra Spring."

What?! Give me a break! She's Ehra Spring?!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, who's this Ehra Spring? And what does she have to do with Zac? What do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts. And also, if you have a suggestion or something, please don't hesitate to tell it to me. And don't forget to click that button on the upper right. That will make me happy. Thank you for reading. Stay tuned for the next chapter.

Photo of Sapphire on the side --->>>