Matchmaking Disaster (43)

Harry’s P.O.V.

Seeing Sapphire that night made me remind myself that she wouldn’t look at me the way she looked at Zac. I knew that there’s no way of returning the before.

I hated myself for letting her go. That’s why I did everything I could to restore whatever I could save. But everything was deleted and was now long gone in the past.

Why did I cheat on her, you asked? That’s a question to myself too.

Sometimes, people tend to look to others just for their entertainment. Well, I guess you could put me that way. I was just only looking for ‘entertainment.’

I loved Sapphire. I truly loved her. We grew up almost together and that bond really brought us together. Add to that the awesomeness of our families.

Sapphire’s family was one of the richest in our town, and being one of the business minded dad she had, our families became closer. At first, the conversation was about businesses. That’s the first thing that our dads talked about. Then they introduced us to each other.

She was indeed and angel.

Now, I was having then hard time in making decisions. I was thinking about it since I saw her that night after we visit Zac.

I knew that she cried. She couldn’t hide that to me. I knew her too well. Her eyes were a bit red and her smile at me was, well, it was forced. I wanted to ask her why, but that would be the dumbness thing to ask since I knew why already.

She really loved Zac more than me. She was different when Zac was around. I still regretted for letting her go and let her be with ZAc. I made the wrong decision that I couldn’t really take.

I wanted to scream, to tell every single person in the world that I loved Sapphire Anderson.

“Harry, let’s eat. I’m tired already,” she whined as we passed a nice restaurant. Smelling so good. “Oh! I wanted to eat some spicy food today. Maybe we could go to the Korean restaurant just near here at the mall.”

I suppressed a laugh at her so cute face. Her cheeks were a tinge of red. I answered, “But I don’t like spicy. It burns my tongue, my-“

“You’re a baby,” she cut me off. She’s testing my patience. “Just a sim-“

“Stop!” I raised my left hand making her to step back. She almost started her rambling. “I am not coward. Not eating spic food is not a sign of being a coward. I just don’t like spicy foods. But if that’s what you want, then let’s go.”

She smiled a genuine smile at me. “Thank you Harry.”

Her smile was one of the amazing things about her. It’s contagious!

I didn’t want to see her cry again, like the way she cried when we witnessed Zac’s cheating on her. It pained me to see her that way. She never cried for me like that. So, I knew that she being in love with Zac was different.

When we were finally seated at the restaurant, a lady dressed in Korean style handed the menu to us. Sapphire scanned it and told the lady her order.

“How about you Harry? What are you going to eat?” she asked. She looked like a five-year-old girl.

“I’ll have whatever she have,” I said to the lady. She nodded and left us.

Sapphire leaned in forward, propping her elbow to the table and resting her face to her palm. She smiled, “Is there something that bothers you? We’ve been out all day but you’re not telling any stories to me.” She cocked an eyebrow at me.