Matchmaking Disaster (12)

I cleared the lump forming in my throat. “Excuse me?! Do I know you? Be… cause I-I…” I stuttered. Why was I even stuttering? Ugh!

He chuckled. Oh my gosh! He’s so cute and it’s so natural.

“Why?” I asked.

“You don’t know me? Wow! I must have done it too well. Wow!” he said proudly. Okay! I didn’t get any of what he was saying. Maybe I met him somewhere along the way or maybe a guy I met at the matchmaking restaurant.

He smiled, biting his lower lip, “I’m Anthony. Anthony Sparks.” He extended his hand for hand shake.

My jaw dropped up to the floor. He’s Anthony Sparks?! How could that happen? He was a nerd! A NERD! How could he be look like this?! Like a model from a magazine!!

Come to think of it, I hadn’t seen him since the last time I shouted at him. Maybe he left and decided to change for the better. Oh yeah! That’s right, maybe that’s why he changed from being a nerd to a super good looking guy.

“Anthony?! Anthony Sparks?! The nerd?! My neighbor?!” I snapped.

He chuckled so loud that it echoed throughout the hallway. He shoved his hands in his pocket, giving me a oh-so-charming smile before saying, “Yes.”

I still couldn’t believe it. He’s a total different person now.

The bell rang, signaling the students that lunch was over. Oh no! I’ll be late.

“I gotta run. I’ll be late for my next class. See you around.” I passed him, running as fast as I could. I couldn’t be late for class. Or could I?

After ten minutes of running, at last I arrived at the classroom. Before I could open the door, someone called out my name. It’s Ms. Lani.

“Sapphire, what are you doing here? You’re suppose to be at the gym, rehearsing.” She crossed her arms over her chest. “Are you sick? You look pale.”

I looked pale?! I started touching my cheeks and forehead. I’m not sick. I’m okay… I guess.

“I’m okay.” I assured her.

“Okay. You should start walking your way to the gym now, and don’t bother coming to class after lunch. Rehearsals will be done every after lunch. So don’t bother attending anymore.” She explained.

“Bu—but, what about if there’s a quiz or projects needed to be done?!” I asked worriedly. I didn’t want to flunk any subjects. That’s just not my doing.

“You are excused, so no need to worry.” She patted me on the shoulder and went inside the classroom, leaving me outside.

* * *

“Finally, you arrived. We’ve been waiting for you. Where have you been?!” she asked, pulling me to the front to meet the others.

“I—I..”

“Never mind that. The event will be on two weeks. You have to put yourself together.” She went to the stage, clapping her hands twice. “Let’s start.”

I wanted to ignore Zac even just for today. But I couldn’t, he’s my partner. Oh! Please, someone slap me on the face right now.

When I heard the music started, I walked forward to him. I reached for his right hand and held it, and the other one to my waist. Then we started dancing the waltz.

I could see in the corner of my eyes that his staring at me. I didn’t want to meet his eyes. I’ll be lost be the way he looked at me, and I’ll be emotional, blah blah blah. I didn’t want that to happen. Especially not here, where everyone could see, including Harry.

The music ended. Ms. May clapped her hands again to the grab our attention.

“Okay. As you all know, this dance is for the opening of the program. After the dance, a pair will be chosen to be a representative of the school. You’re all lucky because the pair will only be chosen among you. Lastly, there will be a talent showcase. If any of you had seen the bulletin, then good. Any talent is counted. That’s all of the news I can tell you right now. Let’s have a thirty minutes break.” She explained.

I decided to go outside and take my thirty minutes break at the shady tree just in front of the gym. I just wanted to be alone.

I let out a sigh as I sat down, without even looking to where I was about to sit.

“Ah!” Someone shouted.

I stood up immediately, surprised by the loud scream. There was someone sleeping under the tree.

There had a hanky covering his face. He didn’t even bother to look at me. Maybe he’s really sleepy.

To my curiosity, I slowly pull the hanky up. He hastily sat up, scaring the crap out of me, causing me to stumble back.

He was laughing so hard that tears started to built in the corner of his eyes.

“Anthony?” I glared at him. This guy was really annoying. But much to my surprise, I was laughing with him too.

I shook my head to the side, not believing that I just laughed with him. “You’re funny. What are you doing here anyway?”

He finally stopped laughing and straightened himself. “I’m waiting for you.”

I opened my mouth to say something but no words came out. “What?” was all I could manage to say.

“I’m waiting for you. Well, I just transferred here and tomorrow is my first day, so I was hoping if you could show me around.” He ruffled his hair.

“Oh well,” I looked at me phone. “I still have twenty minutes. So, shall we?” I stood up and helped him to get up. We went to the main academic building and I started talking and pointing out the rooms.

# # # # #

Zac’s P.O.V.

We were given a thirty minutes break. That’s my chance to talk to Sapphire, I thought to myself. I knew that she didn’t want to talk right now, but I didn’t want to see her sad.

I noticed that she was gone. Maybe she just went outside. I made my way to the exit. If she’s outside, that’s even better, no one will bother us.

When I reached the exit, I saw her at the shady tree… laughing? Was she laughing alone?1 I walked a little towards her, then I saw someone. A guy… and they’re happy. Who’s this guy anyway? I should be the one making her laugh, not that guy.

I made my way back inside the gym. But before entering, I took a quick glance at her. They stood up and started walking away. Where were they going?

That pissed me off.

Sapphire’s unbelievable. She didn’t want to talk to me but she’s with someone else.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So?? Poor Zac. Sapphire’s avoiding him. What do you think of Anthony? Oh well.. I hope you like this chapter.

This is an early upload if you read my A/N on the last chapter. I just can’t help it. Haha.. But the next one will be on Friday..

So please support by clicking that button on the upper right with the letters VOTE. J and please do comment. Thank you for reading.