Matchmaking Disaster (10)

The bell rang for the last time today, signaling the students to go home. I went to my locker to left my books.

When I got there, I saw a group of girls leaning on the lockers. I excused myself so I could position myself in front of my locker. As I open it, I heard a girl that said, “That’s her. Can you believe it?” The annoyance of her voice made me want to strangle her. Then another, and another. They kept on murmuring even though they knew that I was there.

Someone tapped my back. So, I spun around and asked, “What?” I didn’t want to deal with theses people right now. My eyes widened, “You’re—“ was all I could say. She’s the girl who was shooting me daggers at the rehearsal.

“Oh, you remembered me?! Sweet. I’m Leah Alberts.” She offered a hand shake. I smiled at her sheepishly, looked at her hand and back to her. There’s a voice inside my head that said don’t take the hand shake. But I just brushed it off and took her hand.

When she pulled her hand, it was like a speed of light.

SMACK!

I felt my right cheek thumping and heating up. Did she just slap the crap out of my face?! I was shocked. Totally shocked.

I stared at her, giving her a questioning expression.

“Get away from Zac.” She started, placing her hand on her hips. “You don’t want to mess with me Anderson.” She gave me a deathly glare. The other girls were doing the same. They’re shooting me daggers all at once.

I tried to talk but I couldn’t find my voice, and my feet were frozen to where I’m standing. I felt hot tears pour down my face. I couldn’t believe it! What was I crying?! Stop it, Sapphire!

“Leah.” I heard a familiar voice behind them. I looked over her shoulder and I saw Britney. What was she doing? Were they going to help each other out just to get rid of me?! “What are you doing to Sapphire?”

Did I hear her right? She’s trying to help me.

“What is it with you Neilson?” Leah spun around to face Britney.

I swallowed the lump in my throat. I was kind of sensing that this two girls weren’t friends. The way they approached each other, there’s no way they’re friends.

“That girl…” Britney pointed me. “…is Harry’s girlfriend. So, there’s no way that she’s dating Zac. We even fought at the rehearsal right?! Are you afraid that Zac would leave you for her?”

Leah gave me one last look before walking away with her minions.

“Are you okay?” Britney asked, giving a concern look. I tried to convince myself that her approach was fake but it wasn’t. It was real.

“I’m okay. Thanks. But why?” I had to ask her why she did that. There’s no way that she’s really concern. The last time we had an encounter, she slapped me… left and right! I’m not falling for her act.

“Come on Sapphire. I know we had a rough start but I was just concern when I saw Leah slapped you.”

”Really?!” I grumbled, still not believing her act. “You’re a slut Britney. Why should I believe you in the first place? You’re flirting with my boyfriend. How can you convince me that you’re really concern?!” I groaned.

She raised an eyebrow. “Believe whatever you want. I’m maybe a flirt but I’m really concern. Leah is the captain of the cheerleading squad and you know that Zac is the football quarterback.”

“So?! What is it with me? Zac and I are just friends. The rumors—“

“But Zac treats you more than friends.” She cut me off. This girl had something on her sleeve. She’s trying to catch me. That Zac and I weren’t just friends so she could have Harry. “Harry started to ignore me since the rumor about you and Zac started. He’s jealous.” She looked down. Her voice was soft.

Harry was really jealous. Wow! I actually made him jealous. I never thought Zac could bring out all Harry’s hidden feelings.

“I gotta go now.” Britney left.

By that time, all I could hear was myself. All thoughts about Harry. He kissed me for the first time when Zac was around and now, he got jealous FOR THE FISRT TIME AGAIN because of the rumor about Zac and I. I was finally getting my revenge.

# # # # #

Zac’s P.O.V.

“So Zac, it was so nice to see you again.” She gave a quick kiss on my cheek before she left the restaurant.

I never thought that I would see Ehra again. And to top it all up, she was a totally different person now. She was more beautiful than before.

Ehra Spring was my first love during high school days. She was on the same age as me. When I decided to ask her out, she declined and that caused me to be a player. I loved her and being rejected was the most depressing thing that happened to me. That’s why I decided to be a player, so girls would feel what I felt.

But when I met Sapphire, I didn’t want to be a player anymore. I just want to be with her, and love her more than Harry could give.

I left the restaurant and drove home. I just wanted to sleep and relax my mind. I hope tomorrow will be a different one.

When I arrived at my apartment, I saw Harry leaning on my door. He’s waiting for me to arrive.

“Hey dude.” I started. I knew why he was here. It’s about the rumor spreading at the school.

He looked at me straight in the eyes. There was anger filling it. “Don’t call me dude. How could you do that? Sapphire is my girlfriend.” He straightened himself and walked towards me.

Even though I’m older than him, we’re at the same height and body built. “But you’re cheating on her.”

“You’re trying to steal my girl, huh?!” he pushed me.

I didn’t want to start a fight with him because I knew that Sapphire would be hurt and that it’ll end my friendship to her. I didn’t want that to happen. I just had to cool myself down.

“Man, can we just talk about it? With no pushing or fighting?!” I suggested.

“Okay.”

I unlocked my door and invited him inside. We went to the kitchen and there we started our conversation.

“Why?” he asked. He sure was impatient.

“Sapphire is really sweet and I have to admit that I like her. But I don’t know either. She’s different from the first time I met her. Maybe it’s because of you.”

“What do you mean?” he glowered at me.

I didn’t understand this guy. She’s changing because he was cheating on her. “Maybe because you’re cheating on her.” I said. I had to sound cool so we wouldn’t end up fighting. I still had to control myself even though I wanted to punch him already.

He didn’t say anything to me. He stood up from where he was sitting and left. It’s obvious that he was guilty about the fact that Sapphire changed because of him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay.. Yay!! An upload.

What do you think guys? I want to hear your opinions about my story, and if you have suggestions, please do tell me. J)) and also,  please vote for this story. I included this in Watty Awards 2012 just for luck. And if I didn’t get the chance to win, I’ll try again next year and the year after that until I got something. J) Please do support.

Photo of Zac on the side -à>>>