Matchmaking Disaster (3)*

I never thought that we were attending the same school. I turned my head to the side, not wanting to face this guy. Feeling my discomfort, he finally asked, "Sapphire? Sapphire, is it you?" Then he smiled. But I guessed it's not a smile but a smirk.

                I finally decided to face him. His forest green eyes caught me so off guard. I was staring at it and I felt the same electric shock that I felt when our fingers brushed to each other.

                His grin grew bigger. But I could tell he was not looking at me anymore. He was looking over my shoulder. I spun around to see a brunette guy, Harry, walking toward our direction. My eyes widened, not knowing what to do.

                He stopped right beside me. "Hey!" They did this weird hand shake. I guessed that's how they greeted each other. Then he looked down at me, saying, "Sapphire, I didn't know that you were friends."

                I forced a smile. I didn't know what I was supposed to say or do. It seemed that my voice suddenly disappeared in an instant. I jabbed my thumb to the other direction and said, "I need to go now. I'm already late for class." I ran as fast as I could without waiting for them to say anything.

                When I finally arrived in my classroom, I felt my breathing slowed down but my heart beat was still so fast. Before I could open the door, someone had opened it on the other side.

                My eyes widened in shock. It's Ms. Lani, my English teacher. Her eyes narrowed at me, and I looked down because of embarrassment. I could hear my classmates murmuring and laughing at me.

                "Sapphire Anderson, you're late again!" she snapped, her voice was a little crack. I rarely get late so I  didn't exactly know why she's getting worked up with it. It's just one time. She made it sound like I did it as a habit. "Get inside. We've been waiting for you." She opened the door wide enough for me to enter. I immediately sat down without looking at my classmates. This was just so embarrassing.

                "Ok class, since Sapphire is already here, I'm going to all inform you that Ms. Anderson here will be our representative for the upcoming annual celebration," Ms. Lani informed everyone and it caused me to snap up and look at her wide-eyed. "Yes, you heard me right, Sapphire. You're our representative. Well, take it as a part punishment for being late and a part reward for your excellence."

                Before I was able to sink it all in my mind, the bell rang which meant that class was over.

                "Okay class, see you tomorrow." She left without even explaining to me the situation.

                Someone tapped my back. I turned my head to the side, and it was just my best friend, Monica Furr. Her blonde hair bobbed on her shoulder as she smiled at me, mind you, there's a pity and an annoying amusement obvious in her ocean-like blue eyes. "Hey," she smiled a little.

                I just gave her a sigh. She already knew that I was not okay with the way I answered her.

                "I didn't even know this annual celebration that Ms. Lani was talking about," I said, resting my chin on top of my table.

                "Well, before you got here, she was explaining it. The first half, she was discussing this and that. Then she noticed that you haven't arrived yet. So, she explained this annual celebration first before telling us the big surprise. When she finally finished explaining it, she opened the door time to time. Then you arrived. You know the rest," she explained. She sat down to the chair beside me, pulling it closer to me. "Why are you even late?" she asked now.