Matchmaking Disaster (29)

They said that you’ll only realize what you have until it’s gone. You’ll never see the worth of it while you have it. But once it’s gone, you’ll want it again, and this time, you’ll never let it slip to you again.

“Hey, I have something to say to you,” Harry muttered. He was not looking at me. But, by the look in his face, it’s something serious.

I didn’t want to deal with anything that deals with the emotion of love right now. I still felt bad about Zac cheating on me. And I still felt sorry about Harry. I didn’t exactly know why. But seeing Harry’s face, it had something to do about love. For sure.

“What is it Harry?” I gazed at him to see his facial reaction. His eyes finally met mine.

The wind blew such strong wind that it made my hair to fly in different directions. It was calming and relaxing. It’s as if I was not facing any problems.

He smiled, “You’re cute, you know that?!” Was that he was going to say? I think not. He’s just finding the right way to start it. I hoped he found in immediately so we could get over with this one.

“I know that. But what is it you’re going to say?” I blurted, finally making him more serious than before. I was so not used to this type of Harry. It’s not like him. He was a jolly person, less serious, fun to be with and a person I could really rely on.

He sighed, shaking his head. Ruffling the back of his head, he continued, “Okay, I’ll be more serious now. But it’s—Ah!” He’s having a hard time, I could tell. “Sapphire. Please hear me out first before you say anything okay?! Don’t answer while I’m still talking or ranting about what I’m going to say.” I just nodded.

He straightened himself as he rest his back to the tree behind. I did the same.

“I’m a horrible person.” I looked at him, shocked by the choice of word he used. Sure he was a cheating jackass, but I never thought of him as a horrible person, since I kept repeating on saying that he’s a good guy. So the word horrible was not really the right word to use.

“No you are not,” I retorted as I crossed my arms over my chest. He’s thinking that he’s a horrible person. I had to do or say something to him, because he most certainly not a horrible person. “You cheated, I know. Bu—“

“I told you not to say anything, right? What are you doing right now?” He raised an eyebrow. I smiled sheepishly and looked down. I was not listening very attentively.

“I’m sorry.”

“Okay. As I was saying, I’m a horrible person. That’s what I felt when I cheated on you. I shouldn’t have done that. You don’t deserve it,” he sighed deeply.

I wanted to say something but he didn’t want me to say anything. Not yet. So I was just going to hear him out.

“Sapphire, if you still remember the day that I went to your place and surprise you, that’s the day that I knew to myself that I don’t want to let you go. But by that time, you had already made your decision. The decision to end our relationship. I have wasted our two years time together,” he sniffed. Oh my gosh! There were tears pouring down his face. Now I felt the horrible one. I wiped his tears away and gave him a reassuring smile that everything would be okay.

“I still love you Sapphire. I never fall out of love to you. Even the times that I cheated on you, I still love you. I made a mistake for letting you go. When we were at The Bahamas and you asked me to kiss you, I was jumping in happiness. And when our lips crashed together, all the butterflies in my stomach returned,” he laughed a little but with no humor. “I sounded like a girl now. But that feeling made me realize that my feelings for you never change or disappear. It was still in my heart.”