Matchmaking Disaster (15)

“Okay. Before the partying start, let’s announce first the pair who will be the representative of our school.” Ms. Lani opened the envelope handed to her. “Here it is,” she waved the paper, looked at it then back to us. “The pair who will be the representative of our school is…”

One hour earlier…

We were at the locker room, preparing ourselves for the dance that will be on in not less than thirty minutes.

Monica’s been with me throughout the day. She’s practically got hysterical when I told her about my little encounter with Anthony the nerd slash psychopath.

My mind hadn’t sunk the thoughts that happened that day yet. He was so sweet and so kind to me. But it’s just a cover-up. Thinking that he couldn’t even kill a mosquito! Crazy.

He wanted to do or say something to me. What was it? I wanted to know, alright. But I’m not planning to talk to him ever again.

My breathing got irregular by the seconds. I just wanted to get over with this. It’s already summer and I really, really wanted to be home. With my mom, dad, Emerald and my room.

Monica placed a hand on my shoulder and smiled, “Hey, relax. You know, they say that nervousness can easily be seen. So just keep your cool. You’ll get over with this. Perfectly.” She said, popping out the letter P.

I just sigh. She knew me to well. Even though I’m rich, I’m not belonged to the popular crowd, because I kept a low profile. I didn’t need fame or something like that, and this just proved that I didn’t want attention too.

I opened my mouth to say something but someone cut me off.

“Hey Anderson.” It’s Lea, the girl who’s so obsessed with Zac. I pity this girl. She’s so gorgeous and all, but she’s tailing on Zac like a lost puppy.

“I hope this is the last time I’ll going to see you with Zac. And I mean by last, definitely the last.” She raised her right eyebrow at me, looking so menacingly.

“Whatever! I’m not planning to stick with him too.’ I retorted.

With that, she spun her heels and walked away. At the same time, Britney went to me.

She smiled so innocent. Not! She’s probably thinking that I’m such a loser for letting Harry go. They could had each other for as long as they want.

“What do you want?” I drawled. I really didn’t want to be near to anyone who had to do with Zac or Harry. But life’s too cruel for me. That’s why the two people I wanted to be away from were approaching me, telling me to back off to their properties.

“I just wanted to… to…”

“To what?” I cut her off. Okay, so what’s with the stuttering? “To thank me for letting go of Harry?! You’re welcome. Now go away.” I smiled wryly, shooing her away.

“No!” she said a little louder. “That’s not it. Harry.. Harry is not happy. I just wanted you to know that I’m sorry for destroying everything. Especially your relationship with Harry.” She knelt down in front of me, tears brimming.

“The damage has been done. Please stand up. You don’t need to kneel down. I’m not a God okay?! I can’t really assure you the forgiveness but I really appreciate you saying sorry.” I stood up and hug her.

She smiled back at me then went out. I looked at Monica’s direction, who was shaking her head in disbelief.

I just sighed and shrugged. I really couldn’t put grudges on others. I’m too kind for that.

* * * * *

“So,” was all he could say. He averted his gaze to me before continuing. “I guess, you really don’t want to talk to me.” He sighed.

We were now at the center of the gym for the dance. As we heard the music, we started swaying with the melody, bringing everyone’s attention to us. Flashes of camera were flicking through the background.

I was staring at Zac and he was too. No words at all. It’s as if we’re talking through our eyes.

As I stared at him, the thought of my revenge, long before, for Harry popped inside my head.

I was planning to make Zac fall in love with me, make Harry jealous and if he got jealous he’ll tell me everything, and then we’d be happy together. I was just going to use Zac at that time.

And to my surprise? Everything turned in perfect place. But not the result I wanted.

We took a bow at the people in front and waited there for the result of who will be the representative of the school.

I was nervous that I didn’t notice that I had interlocked my hands to Zac, and pulling it up to my chest. I gaped at him and immediately removed my hand to his. That was so---

“You’re nervous,” he said without looking at my direction.

I slightly turned my head to him. He’s smiling. With that look in his face, I felt my cheeks heat up a little and found my lips curving up.

This guy could definitely make me smile without him noticing it.

“Okay. Before the partying start, let’s announce first the pair who will be the representative of our school.” Ms. Lani opened the envelope handed to her. “Here it is,” she waved the paper, looked at it then back to us. “The pair who will be the representative of our school is…”

A drum roll boomed at the gym, causing me to jump a little. That sound was so loud. Then it stopped just as Ms. Lani said, “Kate and Michael.”

Okay, so much for expecting.

Wow! Kate and Michael, the freshman and the senior. I was happy about the result. They might end up together after this.

Before Ms. May let us party, she grabbed the microphone and said, “As you all know, we have a talent showcase. This talent showcase will be on the first Friday after summer vacation. So, I’m hoping to see everyone to join. Thank you.” With that, she left the stage with the investors and us students, we started partying.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boring? IKR! I had writer’s block when I wrote this so I guess that’s why it’s not that good and it’s really short. SORRY. But the next chapter will be good. I PROMISE.

Don’t forget to vote, comment, fan. Thanks.