Matchmaking Disaster (37)

Saturday morning for me was relaxing. It meant that I didn’t have to face Monica and ruined my day by asking for my forgiveness.

Before, Saturday was a fun day for me. Monica and I usually hang out during Saturdays. It’s our girl’s night out. But not anymore.

I got out of my bedroom, prepared breakfast and took a bath. I just wanted to ease my mind. So I was planning on going to the matchmaking restaurant- Find Your Better Half.

It’s not that I wanted to find a boyfriend. I just wanted to enjoy this day and have a great day.

Boyfriends were not on my list right now. Not after what happened to me and Zac.

I still had more years to come where I could find a better person who could love me for me, and who wouldn’t cheat or lie to me.

About Harry…

I was still considering what he had said to me before. He still loved me, yes that’s true. But the question was, could I still trust him my heart. He hurt me once, twice, or even more than that. And for the nth time, he’s a great guy. Maybe time would be the one to tell.

* * * * *

“Hello Ms. Anderson. Glad you come again,” the receptionist- Awie said. They had listed me as one of the VIPs here in their restaurant.

“Thank you Awie. It’s a great day and I just wanted to spend some time here,” I answered back nicely.

She smiled, “Some of the guys in the matchmaking section always ask you. They said that they wanted to offer you a drink sometime.”

I chuckled at what she had said. “Okay. Well, that’s where I’m going. I guess I have to meet my suitors. See you later.” I waved at her as I head to the matchmaking area.

This place was really one of my favorite places to come. I found different kind of guys here.

There’s a nerd one whom I really not fond of. A sweet one whom I found too sweet, that ants were crawling to the chair. A rock-style guy, whom I found too noisy, because this type of guy kept on banging on their heads as they talk while tapping their fingers on top of the table. And also, a player-type of guy. I’ve had enough of those guys. They only reminded me of… Shoot!

‘Stop thinking about him!’ I scolded myself. I didn’t want to think of him anymore.

‘But you still do,’ a voice interjected.

Damn myself for making mind wars again. This day was supposed to be forget-them day.

But how could I claim this day as forget-them day if all I did was reminisce on something unimportant…

‘important!’ my little inner voice interjected.

Okay, important events that happened to my life before. I just wanted to forget them. Why was it so hard?

“Uhmm… Hello?” a waving hand and a voice cut off my thoughts.

There’s a guy across the table. His smile was cute in his own way. His hair was tousled a little and he had brown eyes. Nice.

I smiled sheepishly as he handed me his information sheet. “hi, I’m Sapphire,” I offered a hand shake.

He gladly took it as he said, “Nice to meet you Sapphire. I’m Sterling.”

Wow! I didn’t recognize that he had British accent. Okay, I think he’s far from just being cute.

He laughed, for what? Oh no! I was gawking at him! Stupid Sapphire! “I’m sorry. I’m a little-“

“Out today. I realized that. You didn’t even see me when I sat here. It’s okay. So, do you want to talk about it?” he asked, cutting off my almost rambling.

“I think that’ll be great. Can we, you know, be in the regular section? Because, as I can see at the clock, you only have five minutes to talk to me, and I have a lot to talk about.”

“Okay.” He called for one of the staffs and told him that we’re going to the regular section. The staff smiled at him then to me, which looked like, ‘Congratulations.’ Maybe he thought that we’re finally dating. Well, he thought wrong.

Twenty minutes later, I found Sterling a nice guy. He had listen to all of my complains about how this day was suppose to be a forget-day.

He was most certainly one of the cool guys.

“He’s a jerk, you know. But you still love him. Why don’t you give him a chance?” he asked as he sat back on his chair and relaxed.

“Are you kidding me? No way that I would give him a chance again. Like what you said, he’s a jerk-“

“But, there’s a but. Why do you make yourself suffer? It’s obvious that you want to give him another chance.”

I pursed my lips. Now, I was feeling irritated by the second. I take it back; this guy was one of the irritating ones.

“Well, I guess you could put it that way,” I looked at my phone to look at the time. I feigned that I was late for something very important. “Oh no! I’m late.”

“What? You’re late?”

“Yes. I have to go. I’m sorry. It’s really nice to meet you, bye.” I walked away as fast as I could. He wanted to offer me a ride, I could tell by his eyes. I was not planning to. I had a rental.

Today’s sucked. It really sucked. I never should have got out here in my apartment. Now, all I could think of was him, that inconsiderate, insolent fool named Zac.

Why people always told it to me that I should give them second chances? I wanted to do that, but what if they do it again?

‘What if they don’t? There are a lot of what ifs, you know,’ my inner voice was back, scolding me.

But it was right. There were a lot of what ifs.

What if this…

What if that…

What if, what if, what if… Ugh!

My head hurt. I didn’t want to think anymore. I would just relax here in my room and sleep or eat or anything that was enjoyable by only me.

I didn’t want to think of them anymore. And those what ifs in my head would just stay as what if. I was not planning to make it happen. It would be just what if, and I didn’t care if I would regret it in the end. Those what ifs would just make me go insane.

But…

What if…

‘Ugh! Sapphire, stop it! I told you, stop it!’ I scolded myself.

I could manage to do this. I knew to myself that I could do it. They’re part of a bad past and a bad past should be forgotten and never be remembered.

Zac and Monica were history and a part of a bad past I wanted to forget.

That’s all I wanted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another short chapter. I’m so sorry if my chapters are all short. Once I finished it, I will edit it and make every chapter longer. I promise.

Facebook on the external link.

And please do vote and leave a comment. This is my entry for the watty’s so your support are really important.

Thanks. –Kristine.