Matchmaking Disaster (14)

Hello guys. Here’s chapter 14. I'm dedicating this to MidnighStarz. You should visit her profile. There’s a quick note after this chapter. So be sure to read that, kay?? Vote comment and fan. Thanks. Photo of Anthony on the side. --->>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchmaking Disaster (14)

Today’s the last day of the rehearsal. At last. Also, summer had already started. If it wasn’t for this annual celebration thingy, I would’ve been home by now.

Zac’s not talking to me anymore, which was good, right?! I meant that’s all I wanted but inside me, it’s not.

Ms. Lani also explained to us the role of the pair to be chosen as a representative. She said that they will compete for the school at a Dance Fest that will be held at Brisbane, Australia. How was that sound?! I knew that Zac’s my partner but I wanted to be chosen.

“Okay, gather around.” Ms. May called out.

We did as we had told.

“Okay. Tomorrow is the day and I’m counting to all of you. This celebration is just like homecoming, prom or any other party. The only difference is that there will be investors who will attend to this celebration and watch you perform…” Everybody gasped. Especially me. Investors! Wow!

I approached Ms. Lani two days ago to ask her what the purpose of the four special pairs was. And you know what she answered?! “The four special pairs are the front runners of all the representatives. People might not see the mistakes of the others but they will surely see your mistakes if ever you make one.” And just by hearing that there will be investors who will watch, it made me sick to my stomach.

“Yes. And of course, if the investors liked your performance, they will surely invest to our school.” Ms. May continued explaining.

After fifteen minutes, she dismissed us and told us to be here by eight o’clock for the preparation. The celebration will start at four in the afternoon.

“Sapphire.” A familiar voice called out. I spun my heel and saw you-know-who, Anthony. I think he’s stalking me.

“Hey.” was all I could say.

He’s grinning like the Cheshire cat in Alice in Wonderland. He’s really freaking me out.

“Are you stalking me?!” I asked. I really wanted to know if he’s stalking me. Whenever I’m alone, he always popped like a mushroom that came from out of nowhere.

His grin suddenly disappeared. Okay, so I think he’s a freak-o. Anyone?! Save me!!

“Anthony?!” I tried to reach out for his face but he grabbed my wrist, squishing it tightly. “Anthony, you’re hurting me!”

His eyes grew with anger, I could tell. His free hand was balled into fist and I could see veins in his neck. What did I do?

“You…” he started, still squishing my wrist.

I’m scared. Really scared.

“Hey!” someone said from behind him. I looked behind his shoulder and saw the brown haired guy. I wasn’t expecting him to be there.

Anthony turned around but before I could even notice, he was on his back; Zac was on top of him. Zac’s hand balled into fist and knocking out Anthony’s face. Blood was dripping through his nose. I tried to stop Zac but he just pushed me away, causing me to fall to the ground.

“Zac stop!” I shouted before he could punch again.

He pulled Anthony, grabbing him by the collar. “If you ever touch her again like that, I swear I’m not going to hesitate to kill you.” He let go of him and stood up, walking to my direction.

I looked at Anthony. He was knocked out. He stood up but having the hard time as he groaned in pain. He started to walk away, limping.

Zac tried to help me to stand up but I brushed his hands away. I could manage to do it alone.

I fixed my clothes and my hair. I met his gaze. His reaction was blank but I could see in his eyes that there was anger. “T—Thanks.” I muttered. I was shaking, scared to death. What happened to Anthony?

“Are you okay?” he asked, shoving his bloody hands in his pockets. “That guy’s a freak.”

I cleared my throat. I opened my mouth but nothing came out. He’s right. Anthony’s a freak, a psycho freak.

Huge lump was starting to file up in my throat again. I didn’t notice that I was crying. Tears were pouring dow n y face.

Zac pulled me to a hug, rubbing my back up and down. “Ssshhh. It’s okay now.”

I was thankful that Zac was there to help me out. I didn’t know what will happen to me if he didn’t arrive. He was just on time, like he was watching us and decided to show up when he saw something was wrong.

I pulled away from his grasp, still crying. I could see the circle formed in hid shirt because of my tears. I looked down, not wanting to meet his eyes.

“Thank y—you.” I managed to say between my sobs. “I’m going now.”

“Wait.” He grabbed me onto my shoulder gently, unlike Anthony’, his was full of anger and hatred. “I’ll drive you home. We can use your car. I won’t take no for an answer. I wanted to make sure you got home safely.”

I just nodded. I wasn’t planning to say no either. I was still shaking, too afraid that Anthony might be lurking in the dark and jumped in front of me when he got the chance.

The drive to my apartment was quiet. I was on the passenger seat and Zac was the one who’s driving.

When we arrived at my apartment, he walked me up to my front door. But he didn’t stop there. He went inside and checked all the locks of my windows and door.

He sighed, a small smile forming his lips. “You’re all secured. Call me if something’s wrong, okay?!”

I just nodded; still no words were coming out. It traumatized me so much.

When he left, I immediately closed my door and locked it. I hoped that I could get some sleep after to what happened.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So??? J

I know, this is short again. But hey, we’re now going in the exciting part.

Okay.. Please do bear with these:

1.       I won’t be able to upload for a week or two. I’ll be busy with school, so I think I won’t have the time to upload.

2.       This is part of Watty awards 2012, so please support. That will definitely make my day and I’ll be more inspired to write.

That’s all for now. Don’t forget to vote, kay?? Love yah all.