Matchmaking Disaster (33)

So, here’s chapter 33. I hope you’ll enjoy this chapter. I tried my real best to make it good. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchmaking Disaster (33)

I was smiling as I rolled my eyes at Monica for her corny jokes. She had been telling me jokes that weren’t really funny, but she would always laugh out loud.

After I sent the message to Zac that night, he hadn’t showed himself to me. I thought that’s a good thing, but I missed him. I missed everything about him.

He’s a senior now and soon graduates. Maybe that’s one of the reasons why he hadn’t show up. But, do I even care if he showed up or not?! Apparently yes. I cared everything about him. It felt like I lost something in me that I couldn’t seen to find because he wouldn’t show up.

“It was funny, right?” Monica said, still laughing at her silly joke.

“How many timed are you going to tell me such silly jokes?!” I drawled, my brows rising.

She tapped her index finger on her chin as if she was thinking of something. That made me roll my eyes at her, shaking my head. “Hey! My jokes aren’t silly or corny or whatever you want to call it. My jokes are high-class. Only rich people can appreciate it,” she blurted. Okay, that one made me laugh.

“Monica, that’s funny. Only rich people? Are you serious? Why I don’t find it funny?!” I teased her. She glared at me, punching me on my shoulder. I mouthed her ‘Aww’, but she just stuck her tongue out at me.

When we arrived at the school’s parking, she turned to face me, “Where’s your car?” she asked, her brows furrowed.

“Oh my gosh! Where’s my car?!” I mocked her. She glared. “I didn’t bring it. I just feel like walking.” I smile at her.

“Walking? It’s six thirty now Sapphire. Can’t you see? It’s already dark. What if something happened to you?!” she waved her hands in the air, making the moment more dramatic.

“Nothing will happen to me. I can take care of myself. And besides, I have a pepper spray in my bag. So nothing to worry about,” I assured her. I knew how she cared for me and I had to make sure that she wouldn’t worry that much. “I’ll call you when I got home.” I pat her shoulder as I started to walk away.

“Call me, okay? Take care!” she shouted back. I smiled.

I was currently making my way home when I heard rustling of leaves from behind the bushes. I decided to walk today because I just wanted to think.

As I pick up my pace, the rustling of leaves slowly disappeared, but was now turned to heavy footsteps. I wanted to shout for help but my voice suddenly disappeared. My throat becoming dry. Who was this person?

I started running, feeling all the adrenaline rushed through me. I turned to one of the alley I saw, breathing heavily. The alley was dim lighted. I hope that whoever was following me, hadn’t seen me entered this alley.

I felt a sudden pain in my head.

And the next thing I knew, my sight went blank.

* * * * *

My eyes slowly opened up, scanning the place where I was. The place was a little dark. There were so many rusty cars. Where was I?

I realized that my hands were tied up behind me. I was sitting on a chair, a hanky placed in my mouth. ‘I was kidnapped!’ I thought loudly to myself.