The kingdom of lost souls

Marcelines POV

I stopped Bonnie with a hand gesture as we neared a corner of a cliff. I pricked my ears, I could hear voices just up ahead.

"Be quiet or I'll kill you", I whisper to Bonnie, who was humming the 'Bacon Pancakes' song. I guess she must be hungry.

"Whatever Marcy, don't tell me what to do, I'm a globbin' princess!", she spits back.

"Well, Imma queen, I outrank you", I say almost sarcastically.

Bubblegum rolls her eyes. "I'm hungry, wanna find somewhere to eat?"

I put my finger to my lips as the voices grow closer. As they neared, I could identify who the voices belonged to. No, not the kidnappers, but some lost souls. How do I know this? Easy, my dad eats souls. He nearly killed Finn once.

"We're in the kingdom of lost souls, of we pass through here we come to a dead end", I scowl.

"Then follow the scent!", Bonnie insisted, her tummy grumbling loudly. She gave mean apologetic look.

"Kay then", I sniff the air loudly. The gross stench of the kidnappers was going slightly to the left of me. I point in the direction and walk off before bonnie moans at me.

I stop at a large, dark grey, wooden archway. The kingdom of lost souls is written in spindly golden paint across the rough wood. I think it should've been written in blood.

I sniff again. Once more, the scent heads straight into the kingdom. I groan loudly and step in. Instantly a sharp gust of wind makes me stagger, nearly making me loose balance. I grip onto Bonnie's shoulder.

"Marceline watch out. Your umbrellas slipping", Bubblegum said. Just in time too.

I quickly adjusted the umbrella just before it slipped. I sighed in relief. "T-thanks Bonbon".

"Come on!", the next thing I know, I'm being dragged by the collar into the kingdom. I look around. Its infested with mist, which makes it hard to see, even for a vampire.

Grey and black buildings surround us, giving the place a spooky atmosphere. I shudder. Low moans whisper in my ears. They twitch as they pick up faint footsteps.

"Did you hear that", I ask stupidly.

"What. I'm not a vampire dumbo", she mocks my teasing tone.

"Footsteps. There's someone else here. Souls float", I say as if bonnie was a three year old.

She shrugs,"Let's keep moving", she heads towards the heart of the kingdom.

I sniff the air, pinpointing which way to go next. I stride towards the heart of the kingdom. Breathing in all the scents, I walk left again. I usher for Bonbon to follow.

She tags obediently behind me as if she were a dog. I stop. A brick Wall is right ahead of us, blocking the path me need to go. I growl in frustration. "Now what!?"

"Marceline, just fly us over or something".

"I could just break it down", I shrug, getting ready to shift into my giant bat form.

"Wait, there's something glowing inside the wall", I turn to see a small green light coming from inside the dark stone.

"What is that?", I tilt my head in confusion.

"Not sure"

"I guess we'll have to fly across they", I smirk as bubblegum frowns........