The Strange Green Light

Marcelines POV

"Hold on tight", I said smugly as Bonnie wrapped her arms awkwardly around my neck.

I jump up and immediately start floating above the wall. The strange green light grows lighter as we approach. Filled with sudden curiosity, we land on top of the wall.

"Look. The light was coming from the other side", Bonnie points towards a large cave, the opening filled with the light.

I sniff again loudly. Just as I thought, the scent goes into the cave. I drop down to the dirt ground just beside the mouth of the cave. Bonnie lets go, smoothing down her bubblegum hair and adjusting her crown.

I tilt my head and walk a little into the cave. Shielding my eyes from the light, I stared down the narrow passage. "Is it just me, or do you hear laughing?", I ask, twitching my ears.

Bubblegum slowly stalks up to me, a weird frown on her face. "No".

I step closer to the noise, eyes concentrated on the gravel pathway. Bubblegum walks behind me, cautiously looking at the walls as if a massive spider was gonna jump out at her.

We stop at a steel door. The laughing grew louder as we approached. As I reached for the handle, it stopped.

Awkward silence.

"Who's there?", an evil sounding voice came from the room.

Me and Bonnie both exchanged half terrified glances. After another awkward silence, I heard footsteps come up to the door.

Bonnie's eyes widened with terror. I resisted the urge to turn invisible and bail on Bobbie as the door flung open revealing.......the Lich?!?

"Hey, I though you and you're henchmen kidnapped Finn and Jake?", Bubblegum asked.

"And I thought you were dead", it replied coldly.

I smirked. "Please don't take over our minds by the way", I said a little too cheerfully.

"Wait. What henchman, I work alone?", the Lich gestured to a large cauldron, the source of the green light.

"Then why did the scent of Finn, Jake and some kidnappers lead us here?", I complain, not wanting to retrace our steps.

A crooked smile appeared on its face. It closed its eyes and suddenly I was surrounded by nothing.

I heard a gasp from Bonnie. Oh no. The Lich has got into my mind. Why now?

"Because I need your blood to complete my potion. Once its completed, I shall rule the whole of Ooo. But before you make your donation, I want you to kill the princess", the Lich's evil tone echoed through my mind.

"Kill. The. Princess", I mutter darkly.

Suddenly I feel the Lich weaken and now I have the chance to warn Bonnie. "Run Bubblegum. Save Finn!", I yell, falling to my knees.

Bonnie hesitates, long enough for the lich to gain control again. I can see my green eyes reflecting from Bonnie's crown. My fangs have grown twice the size and now I have claws.

"Kill her", it whispers to my.

"K-kill", I mutter.

"Marceline. Glob, I don't have any spare protection. Wait. Do I?", Bubblegum mumbles to herself as she back away.

I see her pull out a necklace from a pocket in her dress I never knew she had. That's all I can remember before the lich had completely taken over and I started clawing at her...... :O