The Final Showdown Part 2

Bubblegums POV

Tears formed in my eyes as I watched Marceline fall unconscious. Was she dead? No, she was stronger than that!

Dread filled me as I noticed how much blood she was loosing.

"Marceline, oh my Glob!", Finn yelled loudly, making me wince.

"She's gonna be OK, she's gonna be OK", I say mostly to myself. It didn't work, I was panicking. What if we survived, but Marcy died? What would I do without her, my old friend?

"I can see her breathing, its fine", Finn replies, poking Jake and Marshall awake.

"Wha wha?", Jake muttered. Then locked eyes with Marshall and growled.

"Another vampire, glob!",  he growls, his neck hair bristling.

Marshall snarls back.

"Guys, guys", Finn says, glaring at the two.

I turn my gaze to Marceline. Finn was right she was breathing, but it was shallow. More tears formed in my eyes.

"Whatever, I have a plan to save the vampire queen and escape", Marshall whispers as if the two kidnappers could hear him.

"What is it?", I quickly ask, not wanting to waste another minute with Marceline dying before my eyes.

"OK, so, they took the key, right?", he turned to Finn, who nodded sadly. "Well, I found a paperclip and I think I'll be able to pick the lock. Once I do we escape the back way and sprint to the door".

"What about marceline?", I ask, my voice slightly shaky.

"We will wait and see if she wakes up while I'm at the lock, if not we'll figure something out. If she's......", he trailed off,"...yea, we'll leave her", he concludes.

We all nod. Turning back to Marcy, I see her shuffling, gaining back consciousness.

"W-what you guys talking about", she says casually, looking half dead already.

As I explain the plan to her, Marshall picks the lock. A loud click echoes around the room, signalling that we had to go.

He quickly unlocked our doors, and we all ran to the back door of the dungeon. Marceline was lagging behind, due to the heavy chain collar around her neck and wrists and blood loss.

"I'm fine Bubblegum, just go", she growled, hovering in the air slightly, an annoyed look on her face.

I shrugged and followed the boys out the door and to the entrance of the main room. Luckily there was no sound of the capturers, so we opened the door, and ran for our life.

Not looking back for Marceline was the biggest mistake a had ever made. I heard a yell, then a gunshot, and finally, a cry of pain.

When we got back to the candy kingdom I checked everyone's presence. Marshall. check! Finn. check! Jake. Check. Marceline...

"W-where's M-Marceline?", I whimper.

The others look behind them. No sign of her.

"I-I heard a gunshot", Finn stuttered.

Dread filled my gummy heart as I fell to my knees,"No".

The others stared at their feet, not knowing what to say. No more annoying vampire. No more teasing. No more Marceline... I sobbed silently to myself, thinking what I would tell ice king, wondering if he would even care. I doubt it, he was gone to far.... or was he?

The End

wow, that was a bad, depressing ending, but I have been working on a second book called 'Adventure Time with Marcy and Bubblegum 2' it will be updated  today maybe.
~ Gunter 'v'