Taken Over

Princess Bubblegums POV

I grab out the spare necklace from my secret pocket in my dress as the Lich completely takes over Marcelines mind. I back away into a corner as she walks closer, eyes closes and mumbling to herself. Her fangs have grown and her fingers are now claws.

"Don't worry Marcy", I yelped as she claws at my arm. A large dent is left in my right arm.

I drop the necklace. Marceline opens her eyes and smirks. She picks up the necklace and throws it towards the other side of the room.

"Now I will kill you, get the stupid vampires blood and rule the world!", the Lich says.

Suddenly I see a slight hesitation. As if Marceline was arguing with the Lich in her head.

Now was my chance, I sprinted forward, grabbed the fallen necklace, and before it knew what was happening, placed it on Marcy's neck.

"silly mortal. Wait. Was that the......?", the lich growls.

"The royal candy necklace that can keep Marcelines head safe, yes", I say proudly, hands on hips and head held high.

The next thing I know, the lich, still in Marcelines body, grabs a sword and tries to slit Marcelines skin so she bleeds into the pot. Knowing Marcy, she fought back, slowly gaining power.

"Run Bonnie, find Finn", she snarls. Her eyes are slowly gaining their crimson red colour.

"I can't, I don't have heightened senses", I reply helplessly.

Now I know she's gained most of the controlled as she rolls her eyes, her usual smug smirk on her pale face.

She drops the sword and starts gaging. Falling to her knees, she clutches her head.

"Get. Out", she screams.

I can hear a low chuckling coming from beside her head. A thick smoke surround her, blocking my vision. I can hear growls and snarls from Marceline and a faint metallic clashing sound as the lich plunges the sword at her.

"There's no escape now", he laughs.

There's another loud clash as metal collides with metal, marceline must've found a pitchfork or something sharp.

"Marceline, hold on and don't die", I yell to her, trying to find a not so smokey passage to the middle.

"I won't", she replies, sarcasm dripping in her tone.

I hear a loud 'snap', as marceline seemingly breaks a horn off the lich or something.

Then there's silence. After a couple of minutes, a creep closer. Now I can hear heavy breathing.

"M-Marceline", I whisper into the thick smoke, almost choking me.

The next thing I see is horrifying. The lich has turned into some sort of green goo, and Marcelines choking on the smoke. I grab her arm, and pull her out of the cave into the fresh air.

Luckily, its still night so I can at least bring her to that strange wall so I can check up on her. I too had breathed in smoke, but not as bad as my old, old friend.

"You OK?", I ask, half to myself, thinking marceline was probably unconscious.

"Fine", she said, her voice rusty sounding.

She was not OK............