Ch. 2

Third POV

Lumine rushed out if his room frantically, still partly dressing himself as he raced to Kody's door this early morning.

Finally reaching Kody's room, without falling flat on his face, he knocked harshly of the wooden door. After receiving no answer, he knocked again this time calling out for Kody to get up. When he still didn't receive an answer, he swung open the door yelling into the room.

"Kody! You need to get up for school, Kody! It's Monday! Come on let's go."

Getting a good look of the room in front of him, he scanned over the places Kody should be, to find no Kody. He panicked, knowing that he was supposed to be his body guard, and always make sure nothing happens to him.

Suddenly, he felt a hand on his shoulder and grabbed the arm lightning fast, ready to throw this person over himself in self-defense. But when he looked at the perp, he saw that it was just Kody. He let out a breath of relief before turning to face him, and letting his arm go.

"Thank Freckled Jesus, I thought something happened. Where were you Kody?! We're going to be late to school!"

Lumine took in Kody's appearance, and realized he was dressed and ready already. He sighed again in defeat, lowering his head a bit. When he looked back up, he saw Kody with a smug face.

Lumine noticed that they were still late to school, and still in the house. Jumping up, he grabbed Kody's hand and sprinted out of the house, trying not to be too late to school.

All the while, Kody's smug face had disappeared and was replaced by a dark crimson shade covering his cheeks and nose. The only thoughts he could process right now were, 'Omg, he's holding my hand! Omg, he's holding my hand! Omg, he's holding my hand!!'

They raced to school, hands connected, panting heavily, sweat covering them a little, not slowing down. (I can just hear all the dirty comments made from this)

Finally, just before the bell rang, they made it to the school grounds. Lumine dropped Kody's hand, the warmth between them gone, to their disappointment.

Kody then waved at Lumine, and left off to his first class, while Lumine went to his regular bush to chill at. When there, he found some kids skipping class but ignored them, and went to nap till lunch.

°•.•°•.•°•.•°

Lunch came around and Kody sat at his desk just staring out the window, hoping that Calla would leave him alone today. But like normally, she didn't.

Calla strut into the classroom like she owned the place, and walked right over to Kody's desk, sitting across from him. Kody didn't bother to face her. He knew this would make his bullying worse, but he didn't care.

"So! I thought I told you to leave. Why are you still here, Kody?"

Calla demanded, flashing a horrific smile. Kody continued to ignore her, thinking and hoping that if he didn't show interest, she would go away.

Again that didn't work. Calla, getting really annoyed, stood up and forcefully pulled Kody up with her. Bringing him up to eye level, she glared at him, than smirked.

She was about to shove him against the desks and wall, but was stopped by a hand. She spun around and glared daggers at the person, hoping to scare them off.

The person glared back, but still was nervous. He had never completely confronted Kody's bully before, and didn't exactly know what to do. So he just started to speak.

"How 'bout you stop what your doing, and leave my friend alone."

His voice was low, and almost deadly sounding. This surprised Kody, as he had never heard Lumine speak like that, he was just to shy and happy for such things, he had thought.

Lumine's grip on Calla tightened, and was actually starting to hurt her now, though she didn't show it. She dropped Kody, glared at both of them and walked away as if nothing had happened.

Both sighed in relief when she finally left the classroom, and looked at each other. Lumine's expression automatically turned to worry and he started to inspect most of Kody, asking if he was alright, or where it hurts.

Kody just blushed, to embarrassed to answer at the moment, making Lumine even more worried. Shaking away his daze, Kody told Lumine he was fine, before the bell rang, indicating that lunch was over.

Lumine left back to his bush just chilling till school was over, while Kody then spent the rest of the school day thinking about how close Lumine and him had been earlier.

°•.•°•.•°•.•°

With school finally out for the day, Lumine and Kody met up to head home. Kody, unconsciously, grabbed Lumine's hand, making the white haired boy blush dark shades of red.

Not really knowing what he was doing at the time, Kody looked down to see his hand intertwined with Lumine's. Immediately he pulled his hand away and apologized, his face turning shades of pinks.

Lumine, who was embarrassed by what he was doing, grabbed Kody's hand back, and intertwined their fingers.

"It's fine. Just.... Let's just go home."

With that, the two blushing boys trekked the long walk home.