Valentine's day Special

Third POV

Kody and Lumine sat on the couch in the living room, in silence. It was Valentine's day, and both had wanted to get the other something, but they never got a chance to be away from the other, and neither had wanted to be rude and just leave either.

Awkwardness filled the air, as they continued to sit uncomfortably by one another. Fidgeting uncontrollably, Lumine decided he needed to go and get his present for Kody now, before the day was over.

He stood up, causing Kody to glance up at him, slight crimson dust covering both of their cheeks and noses. Nervously, Lumine decided to finally leave while he could.

"K-kody. I-i have to g-go right now. I-i'll be back soon! Bye!"

Before Kody could protest, Lumine had sprinted out the front door, and to the small covenant store near by.

Kody sat on the couch a bit stunned that Lumine would just rush off like that. Well, it didn't bother him to much since he needed to go get something for his precious Lumine. Kody mentally slapped himself for calling Lumine his.

Quickly, Kody hopped off the couch, and rushed out, ready to go to the shop that's near.

That whole time, neither knew that the other was still in the same store.

Lumine had, after quite a bit of time, found the perfect gift he could get with the small amount of money he had. It was a small plush wolf that Kody didn't seem to have. This one also had a small black neck bow, with white hearts on it too.

Lumine paid for it and started his way out.

When Kody finally got to the store, he automatically walked over to jewelry section. There he found the gift he's been eyeing for Lumine for a while now. This bracket was a thick, black, braided strap, that had a silver metal plate with the words, 'I love you' on it in white, while the matching bracelet was a thick, white braided strap, with a silver plate that had the words, 'I love you too' on it.

He picked them up and went over to pay for them.

This whole time, they were paying at separate cashier's, not noticing the other.

As they walked to the doors, they saw each other and froze in place, blushing so many different shades of red and pink they could pull off as Valentine decorations.

Kody decided to speak first this time.

"W-what are you doing here, Lumine?"

Kody's eyes flashed down to the bag in Lumine's hand. Lumine's eye did the same.

"J-just shopping for a Valentine's day gift, that's all. How 'bout you?"

"Same, had to get a gift."

They both felt a pang of hurt in their hearts when the other had said they were getting gifts for someone. They both blew those feelings off, and decided to walk home together.

The whole walk was about as awkward could get, both fidgeting, looking around nervously, blushing constantly. Finally they reached the house, and when they made it inside they parted uncomfortably.