Chapter 3

A/N: This Book I may not respond as much to the Comments you guys leave. This is purely because I have a sort of 'direction' in which I plan for it to go and if I read the comments.. I may veer off. You guys have a really high influence on my Works; just so you know. Unfortunately, it is exceedingly difficult to appease all of you with the flow and outcome of a Novel. D:

Damon:

"What do you mean that another five Assassins have gone offed?"

(A/N: At first I had originally put 'black' instead of 'offed' because the names will change to black if they have died in duty.. but when I read that sentence it sounded .. terrible. So I changed it to offed. hahaha.)

I stared at Taki as though he could change the news he'd just given me. Ever since the day that we found someone had somehow breached Head Quarters it seems as though my organization has been targeted. Not as though I didn't have a semblance of a clue on who was responsible. 

About a year and a half ago a new 'business' popped up in the Land Elven Burial Grounds. It was a literal graveyard. At some point the bones of the dead had pushed to the surface which made the entire area uninhabitable by most. 

Someone with only a first name, Sheeve, had opened a School as well as an Information Center. I'd had a few of my best try and better understand who this Sheeve was and what exactly they were doing. A couple of my people died before returning with news but I did eventually receive some. 

Apparently they weren't running a simple information center which wasn't a surprise to me in the least. 

"Master, it would seem that.. they're not Human."

I gave him a look that asked 'what are you talking about' with a raised eyebrow.

"Those who popped up out of no where. One of the people we sent out for information gathering was able to send back information with the last of their life force. Apparently.. these people are elves," he sneered the name. 

"Elves? Aren't they extinct?"

He gave me a pointed look, "Yes. Just like how Demons are extinct."

I wasn't amused by his attitude which he caught on before profusely apologizing for his audacity. Obviously I wasn't the only one under extreme amounts of stress over the goings on.

"Be that as it may, I'd really appreciate it if you made an announcement to the entire Association and let them know we've gone Red on them. Everyone is given a Green Light if they come across someone from those two places."

Taki looked at me for a few seconds, debating on whether I was sound of mind, before nodding his head and turning to leave. 

I moved towards a comfy chair and sat down elegantly with a sigh. These past few years have been utter hell for me. I've had to deal with Helena going through a rebellious stage and Lily being distraught over it. There has been my pet project of utterly decimating Helena's Birth Father's source of money. My 'employees' have begun to steadily decrease. Now I find out that a Species thought to be extinct has randomly sprung up. 

On top of it all, there has been talk about the border to the Deathlands weakening. Of course, since we were a bit further than some other Lands, to the Deathlands, we weren't sending our Warriors from the Nests to the Border. There has been talk though about sending the strongest Warriors to enter the Deathlands on a 'mission'. Apparently there was a large reward for the group or person to return with the largest amount of Demonic Beast Cores. 

Some of my people have requested a 'leave' in order to participate. The Higher Class made it seem as though entering the Deathlands and killing the creatures there will be easy. Anything that could survive in those conditions is most definitely not so simple to destroy. Idiots. 

Vincent:

I wiped my mouth with a handkerchief that I carried with me

I wiped my mouth with a handkerchief that I carried with me. It was something Lily had given to me when I came home covered in dirt one day. Although it was slightly feminine with Lilies sewn into the light pink material, I didn't mind. 

A woman lay broken at my feet with a broken arm and the other holding the man who I'd just fed on. His eyes were rolled back in his head and foam had begun to seep from the side of his mouth. I rotated my neck and allowed the aches to crack and release. 

Over the years I've learned to breathe through other peoples emotions that I ingested. Even though the man's earlier rage was coursing through me, I only allowed anger to mar my face. My eyes zeroed in on the woman who had just been beaten by the brain dead man. 

"Why do you hold him when he is the cause of your pain?"

My anger still came across when I asked but I was honestly curious. 

She didn't seem capable of responding though and instead began to whimper. The sharp pungent smell of urine was the answer I got from her. Maybe it was my eyes?

Leo had decided to join me today and was leaning against one of the walls. 

"Vin, it's not nice to make such a beautiful woman respond as so," he stepped forward and knelt close to the disheveled female as I stepped a bit back from the puddle forming, "My Lady, we've done a disservice to you. It was unintentional on my friends part to make you incapable of functioning faculties."

He smiled at her and had I not known him I'd have probably thought he was being a gentleman. Unfortunately, I'd seen the now dead child in the other room that the woman hadn't protected from this man I'd fed on. If I knew anything about my 'friend', it was that he utterly detested women who didn't put their child first. 

I watched him reach a white gloved hand out to carress her tear stained face; not even flinching at the copious amounts of snot leaking from her nose. 

"Such a brave, brave girl," he whispered gently, lulling her into a calming state. His hand traced down her jawline and to her neck which made her eyes flutter shut. 

From the brief glance I gave Leo, I could see that flash of disgust in his eyes even though he still held a beautiful smile that promised sensual bliss. His hand rested against her pulse point before suddenly he wrapped it around her neck and begun to squeeze. 

Her eyes opened wide and tried to struggle at his hand with her only working one but it was heedless. Leo remained smiling even as her lungs burned for oxygen that would never be given. He seemed to lose his patience and crushed the throat completely; not waiting for her to die from lack of oxygen. 

"Rather anticlimactic," I offered as he stood up. He flashed me a smirk before looking at the white glove now stained red. 

"These were my favorite pair," he whined to me. I raised an eyebrow at him. 

"Weren't those the ones that Lily bought you for your birthday?"

He looked at me as though he wanted to cry. I shrugged my shoulder at him. 

"May I suggest that you hand wash them? Or maybe next time not wear them?"

With that I turned to leave the house we had been sent to. I needed to go and digest some of these emotions since they were always erratic when I first swallowed them down. 

A/N: I was going to wait until next Sunday but decided 'to hell with it'.