chapter 22

It was another day and the sun began peeking over the mountain in the distance, casting streams of orange light onto the dirt packed floor. If someone paid a bit of attention at the surroundings they'd notice all of the small insects fluttering around the many weeds. 

Inclementia seemed to have faded into the background and allowed Lily to handle the morning preparations. Damon left sometime in the middle of the night and Lily had sent him off. 

Vincent was the first to wake up. He opened his eyes and pushed the blanket from his body in order to stand and help Lily with cooking breakfast. 

"Good morning," she said to him.

"Did you get any sleep," he asked as he grabbed a piece of meat and began cutting it into smaller pieces. 

"I slept enough when Damon came to get me yesterday. My body can last a while without sleep since I just broke into the ninth star," she answered off handedly. 

"Okay."

They worked quickly and the smell of food seemed to wake the other occupants that had been sleeping. 

"That smells delicious," Leo commented as he stretched his arms above his head. 

"I feel like I've not eaten forever," Nathaniel complained as his stomach let loose an angry growl.

Everyone ate their breakfast exchanging small talk and didn't really bring up the issue of Lily fainting from worry yesterday, with Damon having to show up and take her back with him. Lily was still worried about her Daughter but there was nothing that she would be able to do that Damon couldn't do 100 percent better. 

After breakfast, Lily and the guys began looking for a relatively large tree that would be able to hold all four of them. Leonard found the largest tree within their surroundings and Lily merely used her magic to cut it down and then began hollowing it out to allow room for them to sit within.

"Okay, this should be fine since we're not bringing it to some sort of contest on beauty. Although it's crude it'll float and that's all that matters," Lily explained as the three guys lifted it and began walking towards the river. 

"Lily, get in first and we'll hop in behind you," Nathaniel said. 

Lily grabbed hold of Nathaniel's outstretched hand and stepped into the front of the canoe and Leo stepped in behind her, with Vincent and then Nathaniel coming in from behind as it took off. Lily was the one who had to steer the boat since Nathaniel merely held the Elements of Shadow and Dark, Leo held Fire, and Vincent solely relied on his Demonic Energy with the occasional Dark. Of course they all held sub elements but it would be useless with controlling the boat. 

(A/N: Vincent's sub-element is inflicting pain via the mind; Leo's sub-elements are agility and the ability to increase the opponents sensitivity 10x [result of being an acting pervert basically] Nathaniel's sub-element is quick calculations/logic)

Lily used water to push the boat down the River and sort of zoned out as she maneuvered it on auto-pilot. Vincent was somehow reading a book and Nathaniel and Leo were joking around while scooping the water up and splashing it around Vincent to hit the other. At one point the water barely touched Vincent's book and the boy snapped. 

Usually he's rather clear headed and won't show any emotions but the lingering effects of his last meal, the crankiness caused by lack of emotions, and well.. his book got water on it; all boiled up within Vincent and he used his Demonic energy to slap both off the canoe. 

Lily had to use her Magic to pull the soaked young men from the water.

"Damn it, Vincent! It was an accident!"

"I wasn't even the one who did it." Leo whined. "Why was I also thrown into the water?!"

"Imbeciles," Vincent replied before returning to his now semi-wet book.

Both the young men pulled their wet tops off and sat in shorts that still were soaked. Lily blushed slightly and felt petrified. Although they were still children in her eyes, they were completely grown up, as their body could attest to. Leo saw Lily's shocked look and wagged his eyebrows at her.

"Like what you see, Darling," Leo asked as he scooted closer to her on his small ledge.

Lily rolled her eyes as Nathaniel began yelling at Leo for 'sexually harassing' her. She hadn't been paying attention to where they were going in front of the Canoe so when they began rocking fiercely and jerking to-and-fro, it had come as a huge surprise. 

Her magic wasn't working properly to steer the Canoe any longer and the four became stuck within strong rapids. 

"Why aren't we getting out of here," Nathaniel shouted from the back of the Canoe in fright. 

"I can't control the Canoe! Hold on, I'll use win-." Lily was cut off before she could complete her sentence. 

A waterfall appeared from nowhere in front of their Canoe and suddenly they were free falling. Leo quickly latched on to Lily as Nathaniel grabbed hold of Vincent in a tight grip. Lily had no time to resituate them and could only use her wind and water magic to keep them on the boat and make sure that it didn't get washed out by the fall. 

By the time they hit the bottom, Lily was soaking wet as were the others and breathing heavily from the strain. Leo's face was pressed into Lily's back as his arms were wrapped around to her front. . It's just.. his hands were gripping her boobs so tightly that it was painful.

"Leo, your hurting me," Lily said in embarassment. Nathaniel finally got his breath back and glanced over to understand what Lily was talking about and nearly fainted in shock. 

Leo usually would've said something jokingly to ease the tension but he was just as shocked and accidentally squeezed the feel in his hands instead. Lily squeaked at the feel of a man, a young one but still a man, squeezing her chest so tightly and in a groping manner. Vincent leaned forward and ripped Leo off Lily as she hurried to cover her chest and her face filled with blood. 

Leo coughed in awkwardness as he realized that he'd unintentionally molested Lily. It was one thing to flirt shamelessly with her but it was a completely different thing to actually touch her body in such a filthy manner. 

"Sorry," he mumbled. 

Lily faced away but they could still see her ears flushed red. "It's fine. Let's just keep going by the River for now. It shouldn't be long until we reach the Town."

Unaware to Lily, Leo was casting perverted looks at her back and Vincent could feel the emotions fluctuating off the other man. He tapped on Leo's shoulder and when the other turned around, punched him in the face. 

The force of it rocked the canoe and Lily quickly stabilized it before turning to ask what happened.

"Nothing, Lily. Leo seems to be embarrassed and hit himself in the face as punishment," Vincent replied. Lily raised both eyebrows before ignoring the men behind her and getting back to steering the canoe. 

Leo wanted to cry but had no tears. Since when would he just punch himself in the face? A fresh bruise was currently blooming on his face at a visible rate. When he looked at his hands though, a stupid smile formed on his lips which made him look even more strange. A young man with a black eye was smiling dazedly within a canoe of three other people as they headed down the river. 

A/N: It may be a while until I update a new chapter for any of my books. I've stumbled across a sort of Writers Block with writing at the moment. Promise I'll definitely come back though. Just need to clean my brain out a bit. Anyways, hope you enjoyed.