Chapter 6

A/N: So I took a huge risk and shaved the sides of my head. I'm a female just to clarify. Why would I do this? Well, I've dyed my hair so many times that it has become rather unhealthy so I wanted a 'fresh start'.. Needless to say, I've traumatized myself. Don't get me wrong, it looks good but I loved my long hair and now it's gone. 😭😭 Plus, it's exceedingly weird having the short hairs scrape against my pillow. O.O

Lily:

I lay in bed trying to sort through my emotions. No one else knows what has been going on with me but they were obviously aware of the physical changes. It was hard not to notice the fact that my hair had changed from white with pink tips to added red streaks but then all the color drained from it.

Now my hair was completely white and my eyes changed from blue and pink to completely red. Unlike the dream of 'Inclementia' though, my sclera remained white. I've come to terms with the fact that.. I wasn't just Lily. Nor was I Malady. Inclementia was a part of me just as much.

If what I read in that book about Naming being the cause, then it makes sense why I was sick in my previous life. At times I found myself slightly bloodthirsty which I constituted to Inclementia. During those instances I'd head out to 'blow off steam' with the Magical Beasts. I was doing this so often that I'd amassed a bit of wealth from selling cores. Not to mention that there had been an alarming decrease in Magical Beast activity in the vicinity. Many in the Nest had become worried about the strange occurence.

Lately I've noticed more changes beginning to take place though. My roots, near the scalp and reaching about four inches away, had turned black. Malady had black hair so it wasn't strange. What had me worried though was.. what would this do to me? Would I become sick again?

"Maybe I can find more information about this Naming stuff from Damon. . Hopefully he won't think anything strange of me asking him about this specifically or look into what it is," I let out a frustrated sigh, "Of course Damon would probably look regardless on my hopes otherwise."

Damon usually made sure to keep himself attentive with everything I do.

Pushing those thoughts aside for the moment and ignoring the noticeable changes happening to my body, I decided to go check on Helena.

Before leaving the room I made sure to take care of the morning necessities and exited to go check on my daughter.

In her room, Helena was still sleeping but noticeably unpleasantly. She had the sheets twisted around her body as though she had been struggling with them throughout the night. Her hair stuck to her face from sweat that drenched her clammy skin.

I reached a hand out and touched the back of it to her forehead. Helena didn't feel overheated but that didn't mean she wasn't sick.

"Celia, can you bring me a bowl of water and cloth. As well as make sure there is some type of soup made and ready for when Helena wakes," I asked once I saw Celia step into the room to check up on my daughter. She must've visited her throughout the night; just as concerned.

"Yes, Miss."

Celia's worried gaze lingered a bit on Helena before bustling out of the room.

For some reason, the madness I knew was Inclementia decided to rear it's head the longer I stayed near Helena. A vicious grin curled my lips as I stared down at the child.

This little brat has really taken us for granted. Oh yes, I was aware of the weirdly condensed multiple personalities inside myself but unlike Lily and Malady I didn't include myself together. My hand clenched around the sheets as I contemplated rivers of blood soaking this homes walls. It would be most beautiful. If only my love was here to enjoy it with me.

With that thought, I shifted my eyes to a spot on the wall but wasn't really looking at it but through it. I could feel him. Yet he was still asleep. Hopefully soon.

I snarled when I thought about the others. Disgusting vermin the whole lot. With that thought I noticed Lily trying to understand and so I closed myself off, allowing her back through.

I grew concerned. What was Inclementia talking about? I bit my lower lip in thought but was pulled from my musings when Celia came back through the door with the items I requested.

The water was cold as I dipped the cloth into it before wringing it out and beginning to wipe Helena's forehead of the sweat.

This was another problem to add to my lost of things. My daughter. I sighed with real sadness. There was just no explanation. It was as though a rift had formed between us and it had become a chasm over time until now we stood worlds apart.

'Should just kill the brat and get over this absurd fascination and need to mother and coddle some insignificant insufferable child.'

I huffed in annoyance. It was probably a bad thing to literally talk to oneself. With my multiple 'lives' inside it had become difficult to control the mood swings that followed. My life as Malady was 'normal' if not riddled with sickness but Lily and Inclementia were two sides of a coin. Frustration was a part of my daily life.

I looked back down to my sleeping daughter and sighed again before putting the towel across her forehead and leaving the bowl next to the bed.

Leaving the room, I ran into Celia again.

"Can you make sure to continue to check on her through out the day. I'm going to go out for a while. If Damon asks just let him know that I went to train."

Without waiting, I walked away quickly towards my room. It didn't take me long to dress in a pair of pants, boots, and a black bind that covered my cleavage to encompass my neck but leaving my shoulders open. The material used was one that constricted and made sure that any quick movements kept my breast in place and my fighting skills unobstructed.

My soul weapon sang in excitement at the prospect of new blood to quench it's thirst. With how often I ventured into the forest, the amount of new blood that met the dagger seemed to strengthen its sentience.

I hummed in thought as I felt Inclementia begin to seep into myself more. It took a few turns to avoid running into the boys before I could leave the residence without accidently snapping at someone else. A breath of relief escaped my lips before my whole demeanor changed.

My walk and stance changed to a predator as I seemed to blend into the shadows before taking off into the forest in search of prey.

A/N: Sorry it's short but I'm having difficulty typing on my cellphone.