●Chapter 17●

(It's around 8 o'clock now)

Your POV

I had a really nice conversation with my sister. "Hey, I gotta go. It's late," I say apologetically. "WHAT?! it's only 4 here!" My sister screams(just go with it if the time zones aren't correct). "Yes, but It's 8 here. and I have to work tomorrow," I say. "Fine, talk to me soon, love you," she says. "Love you, too," I say as I hang up the phone.

Ethan went up to his room a while ago so he's either sleeping or recording and I wouldn't want to disturb him with whichever one he's doing. I walk over to my apartment and start to get ready for bed. I realize that I haven't eaten anything in the past few hours so I grab a granola bar and head to bed.

-Time skip to morning on Monday-

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEE-

I slam down on my phone's alarm and roll out of bed. I get up and find some white jeans and a plain white tee shirt. I tuck the shirt into my jeans and wear a belt. I grab my keys, wallet, and my small green backpack, that has an extra coat in it, and I'm out the door.

~~~

I walk into the coffee shop and notice construction everywhere around the shop. I walk inside and notice a lot of the signs are being taken down and replaced with new ones. but we're still open? hm, I won't question it. I walk around the counter and see Kathryn. "Hey, Kat!" I say to her. "Hey Y/n!" she says back as she hugs me. "Do you know there is so much construction?" I ask as I let go of her. "Yeah, some dude bought the Starbucks out. So now this place is gonna be called 'Dean's Coffee Counter' or something like that." She explains. "Oh...cool," I say as I grab my apron.

I realize my shift doesn't start for another 15 minutes (it's 7:45 right now) so I buy myself a muffin and sit down in the break room since I didnt have breakfast. I eat a blueberry muffin and go on my phone to pass the time.

-Time skip (you finish your muffin don't worry)-

I start up my shift and go over to counter. "Hey, how may I help you," I say to a lady. She has short blonde hair cut a little above her shoulders. Shes wearing black-rimmed glasses and a yellow top. "Could I get just a black coffee?" She asks. "Of course. Will that be all?" I ask as I start to write the order on the cup. "Yes." "What should the name of the order be?" I ask. "Coco," She says with a smile. "I really like your name," I say as I put the cup down. "That'll be $3.75 please," She hands me her card and I swipe it. I give it back to her and say "Have a nice day!" she walks away and the next customer walks up.

-Time skip to the end of the day (It's around 3 pm)-

The alarm on my watch goes off, signifying that It's the end of my shift. I finish up with my last customer and head to the back. I hang my apron back up and grab my bag. "Bye Kathryn! when are you off?" I ask her. "Around an hour or so," she says as she gets back to a customer. "Okay, see you later?" I ask. "Depends on if Mark needs help editing or anything like that," she says with a smile.

I walk out of the shop and go to my car. I get in and turn it on. I start to drive to my house when I notice a puppy on the sidewalk all by itself. I pull over and go towards the puppy. It was hesitant at first, so I approached it slowly, not wanting to scare it off. Eventually, I got close enough to where I could pet it. I checked to see what 'it' was. "What a good boy!" I say as I pet his head. I looked around his neck for a collar and there wasn't one. "Hm," I say to myself. I look around to see if there was anyone wandering around looking and calling for a lost puppy. I didnt see anyone, and me being me, I took home the puppy. WHAT I COULDN'T JUST LEAVE IT ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD! I pick him up and put him in the front seat of my car. "Alright, let's go get you some puppy food," I say as I drive to the nearest Petco.