●Chapter 20●

(Please read A/n at the bottom<3)

Your POV

"That was really good, Ethan. Thank you!" I say as I grab the plates and put them in the sink. "What time is it now?" I ask Ethan. "It's 4:36 right now," you still have 2 hours until you have to actually start getting ready," He says as he turns his chair to face me. "Wanna take Poseidon for a walk?" I ask as I start to wash a plate. "Sure!" Ethan agrees happily.

I finish washing all of the plates and putting them in the strainer. I walk over to Ethan, who is now on the couch playing with Poseidon, and sit next to him. I grab the remote and turn on Adventure Time. After a few episodes, I go and grab Poseidon's harness and his leash. "Can you hold Poseidon while I put this on him?" I ask, holding up the harness. "Sure thing!" He holds Poseidon in place and entertains him at the same time so he won't run away. "All done!" I say as Ethan lets Poseidon go. Poseidon runs around the house with even more energy than before. "Poseidon! Come back!" I scream as I start to chase him around the kitchen island. He runs down the hallway and into my room. I run after him and find him on top of my computer desk running in circles. "Silly, let's get your energy out when we get outside," I say to the pup as I pick him up and take him back into the living room.

"Thanks for helping, ya doof," I say as I lightly punch Ethan in the arm as I go to grab the leash. "Hey! I was helping! I...I was videotaping to watch later," he says as he holds his phone in his hand. "Ooooh, very helpful," I say sarcastically as I grab my phone and some doggie-doo bags. (idk what they are called the dog poop bag things) Ethan and I walk outside of my apartment and lock the door. We start to walk towards a little park that has a few trees and a small pond with some coy fish in it.

Once we got to the park, I let Poseidon run freely through the freshly cut grass. Keeping an eye on Poseidon, I walked over to the pond and crouched as I looked all the small coy fish. Ethan walked over to me and did the same actions. "They're really pretty aren't they?" I say.

Ethan's POV

"They're really pretty aren't they?" I hear Y/n say. 'Not as pretty as you,' I think to myself. "Yeah, they are," I say as a response. I have a funny idea. I walked over to the other side of the small pond (since now it's like 5 AM) so the sunrise was behind me. Y/n looked up at me in confusion. I pulled out my phone and knelt in front of the pond. I looked up the song 'Bet On It' from High School Musical and started to play it. Mouthing the words to Y/n. I started to dance around while I sang the lyrics. It got to the middle of the song and I crouched down in front of the pond.

"It's no good at all to see yourself and not recognize your face
Out on my own, it's such a scary place
The answers are all inside of me
All I gotta do is believe,"

I dramatically splash my hand in the water and stand up and start to pace towards Y/n.

"I'm not gonna stop, not gonna stop till I get my shot
That's who I am, that is my plan, will I end up on top? You can
Bet on it, bet on it, bet on it, bet on, you can
Bet on it, bet on it, bet on it, bet on it
I want to make it right, that is the way!
To turn my life around, today is the day!
Am I the type of guy who means what I say?
Bet on it, bet on it, bet on it, bet on it
You can bet on me!"

I finish singing and I dramatically fall down in front of Y/n. She bursts out laughing and Poseidon runs up to us and starts to lick my face. Y/n starts to clap at my performance. I sit back up and pet Poseidon. "That was amazing!" Y/n says as she stops clapping to mess with my hair.