Chapter Ten: A Day with the Royal Family

“Where are the others?”

            Garret looked up and of course, my heart quickened slightly when I saw what he was wearing. Just a plain apple green button-down, dark blue jeans and his black Converse. Nothing unusual or elegant, but hell, does he look good. His dirty blonde hair was on its usual untidiness, his grey-blue eyes bored to mine.

            “Well, Roxanne went to school. Xayranne and Flynn have to leave.”

            “Leave? Leave where?”

            “None of your business,” he said, rolling his eyes and looked away from me.

            I frowned. If Roxanne went to school, then why the hell is Garret here? Not that I’m complaining. But he needs to go school, doesn’t he? “Why aren’t you at school?”

            “The King and Queen don’t want me to go. They said they have something for us.”

            “Us? As in me and you?”

            “No, me and the coffee table.”

            I rolled my eyes. “You don’t need to be sarcastic.”

            “And you don’t need to talk a lot,” he replied, smirking at me.

Once again, I rolled my eyes then sat at the couch just beside the armchair that he was sitting on. I glanced at the show that he was watching and then raised an eyebrow at him. “I never thought you’d be the kind that watches How I Met Your Mother.”

            He frowned. “I’m not?”

            “First of all, you don’t look like who wants to laugh all day. You just scowl, frown or keep your expression blank all day!”

            “I do not!” he retorted, scowling at me.

            “See? You’re scowling at me.”

            “Can you talk less? I’m trying to watch a show here,” he snapped at me.

            I smirked at him, satisfied that I made him annoy me or something. I grabbed my phone from inside my pockets and checked the time. It was already nine in the morning and I haven’t got my breakfast yet. I was starving.

            I woke up seven in the morning. I called my Mom and Melissa, asking how they are. Mom told me that she misses me and hoped that the week will go quickly. Next, I called Amanda. But she didn’t answer and my message went straight to her voicemail. Finally, I called Jasper. It turned out that he wasn’t going to school today since he was having a very, very bad headache. So I chatted with him for two hours, talking about what is happening back at home and how life is back there.

            The grumbling of my stomach snapped me back to reality and I glanced back at Garret. “Hey, I haven’t eaten breakfast yet. Aren’t you going to feed me?”

            He scoffed. “You want me to feed you?”

            “Well, duh. I don’t know how to cook. And I’m hungry! I haven’t had breakfast yet.”

            “Too bad. I’m not in the mood to cook.”

            “Garret!”

            “Yes, Melanie?”

            “Feed. Me.”

            “I. Don’t. Want. To.”