Chapter Twenty-Three: Dr. Jensen Weston

I opened my eyes groggily and yawned. Garret groaned and pressed me closer to him. I smiled and then snuggled closer to him, resting my head on his chest. Suddenly, Garret’s alarm clock rang causing him to jump, startled, his eyes wide open.

            I laughed at him. Then he looked down at me and smiled tenderly. “Good morning,” he murmured and kissed my lips softly.

            “Morning,” I replied.

            “What time is it?”

            “It’s eight, I guess,” I said, shrugging.

            “You sure the King and Queen are okay with you spending the night with me?”

            “Well, I think they’re okay with it,” I said dismissively.

            He grinned and pulled me closer to him. He placed his head on my shoulder, burying his face on my curly blonde hair. “So were going shopping today?”

            I rolled my eyes. “Well, duh. It’s already December Twenty-First. Christmas is four days away. And we don’t have any presents for our family and friends yet.”

            Garret pouted. “But I want to stay at home… with you.”

            “Nope, can’t do,” I teased and started getting up. I grabbed my jeans and my blouse on the bedside table and went inside the bathroom that’s attached in Garret’s room. I slipped on my jeans and took off the shirt that I borrowed from Garret. I put on my blouse and stepped out of the bathroom.

             I glanced up at Garret, who was already wearing his jeans and shirt. I tried very hard not to stare as he covered his bare chest. When he looked up and caught me staring, I blushed and looked away. He chuckled smugly. “Whoa, you’re turning into a pervert, Melanie.”

            “Whatever. Shut up.”

            He laughed and then walked inside the bathroom. But before he closed the door, he turned one last time and said, “Oh by the way, Roxanne already prepared breakfast downstairs. If you’re hungry, just go downstairs, ‘kay?”

            I gave him a thumb up. “Will do.”

            As he stepped in the bathroom, my stomach began growling. I smiled to myself and went downstairs to the dining room. There was Roxanne, her eyes plastered on the TV screen. I glanced on the screen and realized Gossip Girl was showing. “Good morning, Rox!”

            Roxanne looked up at me and smiled as I took the seat beside her. “Hey, good morning, Melanie. You hungry? I’ve got some food here.”

            “Yeah, thanks.” I picked up my utensils and began filling my plate with Roxanne’s food. “So. You already bought some Christmas presents?”

            She grinned. “Yeah. I bought them last week with Xayranne and Flynn. And get this: Xayranne and Flynn are going to get married in February fourteen next year! I’m so excited!”

            I gasped, surprised. “Really? That’s sooo nice. And so romantic. I mean, getting married in Valentine’s Day? So freaking awesome.”

            “I know, right? Only close friends and family will attend,” Roxanne gushed. “So you don’t need to worry about other vampires. You’re invited, of course. Xayranne really adores you.”