Chapter 8

Maha POV

I come downstairs when the sunrise. "Assalam o Alikum!" I greeted everyone on the table. They greeted me back and Maryam aunty asked "Where are girls? Don't tell me they are sleeping." "Unfortunately." I said nodded my head. "Well Mano it's not good to separate husband and wife. It's not fair with me I'm alone last night." complained Ahmed bhai. I giggle at him and said "Don't worry bhaiu you'll have her tonight."

I wear my langha and made bun in hairs. I did a lite make up, wear my bengals, anklet and heels. I check my self last time in the mirror and did my hijab. I went out of my room and toward living room. "MashAllah appi. You are looking beautiful." said Fahad. "MashAllah!" said dadu. I come back there after the breakfast. "Let's go." I said.

"Appi are you OK?" asked Fahad from the driver seat as he is driving. "Just missing mama and abbi." I said looking down at lap and hands. "I'm missing them too." said Fahad. "Me too." said dadu from passenger seat. "Beta, Farhan will make you happy. Give him a chance and accept him with your heart." said dadu. I nodded my head and look outside the window.

We entered the garden where Mehndi function will held. "Assalam o Alikum!" greeted Ahmed and Irtiza bhai in union. We greeted them back. I look up and saw Farhan staring at me while talking with Moosa bhai. I look away quickly and turned to find girls. I find Mawra sitting near the stage with a pout. "Aww.. Soon to be mother don't pout." I said her teasingly. "He doesn't let me walk or standing." she complained. "Don't worry sweetie it's just start. Once you'll have your baby believe me it's a good memory to remember." I said her. She smiled at me and said nodded behind me "Go someone really want to talk with you." I turned around and looked at Farhan who is still staring at me. I turned around and look at her again and said "I'm going on the stage to meet others." She nodded her head.

I'm sitting beside Aiman on the stage talking with her. Esha comes on the stage and said with excitement "Let's go on the stage." She takes us on the stage. We all pick lodi sticks and start lodi in a circle on 'Laththe di chardar' & 'Mehndi hai rachne wali.'

Later on boys also join us and start lodi with their hands. When the songs end, I walk away from the dance floor suddenly a hand grab my arm and pulled me in dark room and put other hand on my mouth. "Don't scream." said a familiar voice and move his hands from my mouth. "Why are you ignoring me?" he asked. I look at him with wide eyes and said "Me? N-no I'm not ig-ignoring you." "Then why are you shuttering?" he asked with smirk. I look down at the floor. He come little closer and whispered in my ear "After this wedding I'll make you Mrs. Malik soon." I look at him and asked "Soon? Why?" "Because I want to make you my wife soon. So you can't ignore me then. Besides its just Nikah and our wedding will be on the end of the month." he said. I nodded my head and again look down. "What happened?" he asked. "I'm missing my parents." I whispered. He look my hand in his and take me out. He opened the door of the car for me. I took up at him in confusion. "Sit." he said. "But mehndi-" "Don't worry." he said cutting me. I sit inside the car.

"Where are we going?" I asked him nth time. He didn't replied me again. I huff and turned to look out of the window. It's 10 mins since he is driving. He stopped the car and went out. After five minutes later he comes back with shopping bags of gajre. He put shopping bags on the back seat and give me two gajre. I wear it and smile looking at them. "You should smile more." he said looking at me then start driving.

" he said looking at me then start driving

I sit beside Aiman once we come back. "Where were you?" asked Esha. "Out." I said. "With whom?" asked Aiman. When I blushed they both start whistling. I look away from them. I got up and walk away from them as they both start teasing me. I sit with Mawra and Minahil and we all start talking.

~~¤¤¤~~

Farhan POV

I was getting ready for Moosa and Irtiza Mehndi. Khala ammi called me this morning and told me a good news of our Daood. MashAllah he is going to be a father. I hope now he leave his child behavior.

I entered the garden where Mehndi function is held. I look around and saw few guests here and there but my soon to be wife is not coming. I start talking with Moosa and khala ammi jaani. Khala ammi excused herself and start talking with Shamsa aunty. I was talking with Moosa when Maha entered the garden. She looked at me then look away and start walking in the other way. But I can't stop staring at her because she is looking beautiful MashAllah. "Stop ogling at your soon to be Mrs." said Moosa with chuckled. We both greeted her family. She is talking with Mawra, Mawra nodded at me and Maha turned around to look at me then again turned around.

She is ignoring me. Girls start lodi later on boys join them and take me also on the stage forcefully. I leave the stage after one song and stood beside khala ammi. Khala ammi turned toward me and asked "Beta I forget to bring gajre for girls. Can you please bring them from ___ shop?" I nodded my head. "Also bring Maha with you, I know you want to talk to her." I smiled at her. I notice she is leaving the dance floor. I was hiding when she walk in my direction. I pulled her and put my hand on her mouth. "Don't scream." I said her moving my hand from her mouth. "Why are you ignoring me?" I asked her. She look at me with wide eyes and said "Me? N-no I'm not ig-ignoring you." "Then why are you shuttering?" I asked her with a smirk. She look down at the floor. I come little closer to her and whispered in her ear "After this wedding I'll make you Mrs. Malik soon." She look at me and asked "Soon? Why?" "Because I want to make you my wife soon. So you can't ignore me then. Besides its just Nikah and our wedding will be on the end of the month." I said. She nodded her head and again look down. "What happened?" I asked her as I feel her upset. "I'm missing my parents." She whispered. I took her hand in my and take her out. I opened the door of the car for her. She look up at me in confusion. "Sit." I said. "But mehndi-" "Don't worry." I said cutting her. She sit inside the car.

I want to console her. She really miss her parents. I wish I can hug her and told her everything is fine. "Where are we going?" She asked me nth time. I didn't replied her again. She huff and turned to look out of the window. I love seeing her like this with a cute little pout. I want to touch her pout with my lips. I shook my head to get rid of that types of thoughts. I stopped the car and went out. After five minutes later I comes back with shopping bags of gajre. I put shopping bags on the back seat and give her two gajre. She wear it and smile looking at them. "You should smile more." I said looking at her then start driving.

I gave gajre to khala ammi so she distribute them in girls. "Beta are you OK?" asked khala ammi. I nodded my head and motion toward Maha who is Alhamdulillah smiling now. "I'm worried about her." She put her hand on my shoulder and said "I know beta Maryam and Shamsa told me about her. She badly miss her parents." "I want you to talk to her dadu." I said. "Don't worry beta Adeel bhai and Siddique bhai already talked with dadu and khalu. They are ready to mingle both of you." she said. I nodded my head and smiled. "You know I'm happy to finally see that smile on your face often." She said patted my cheeks and went to distribute gajre in girls.