Chapter 50

Maha POV

One more month had passed and I start working with Farhan who sometimes helped me with work which I was very grateful. As for Hannah, I hadn't seen her in this month but I just shrugged it off.

Today I didn't feel like going to work plus Farhan had told me that I can take care of work from home too. I was searching some papers in my closet when a folder caught my eyes. I picked that folder which was familiar to me.

I opened it and saw my 2 years old medical reports. I sat on the bed with my reports when my miscarriage file caught my eyes. Shouldn't I have expecting by now? I thought looking at my files then picked my phone. I dialed the hospital number and made an appointment of an hour later. I should have visited to the hospital. I looked at the clock and saw time. Farhan must be busy as he had a meeting to attend.

I quickly changed my clothes and put all the reports in one folder. I grabbed my folder and handbag. I went downstairs and saw Gul appi with Afsha. "Are you going somewhere?" Afsha asked looking up at me. I nodded my head and said, "Yeah. I'm going out. You both can go if you want." They both nodded their heads.

I sat in the car as Shawaiz bhai sat in the driving seat. "Where to?" He asked. "Hospital." I whispered looking at folder. He didn't ask anything for few minutes. "Is everything fine, bhabi?" He asked. I nodded my head and said, "Just a regular checkup." He nodded his head and continued driving. I took my cell out of my bag and send a message to Farhan.

I'm heading to the hospital. It's nothing just a regular checkup so don't be worry.

I informed him and put my cell back in my bag. When we reached there, I went to the reception and informed them about my appointment. I waited outside the room of the doctor. Few minutes later, my name was called. I became nervous and scared suddenly. What will happened? Help me Allah. I start making silent prayers.

The doctor checked my all reports then asked few questions. After questioning, she said, "Mrs. Malik, I don't know how to inform you but there is low chances of you to become a mother and 50% chance if you will then it may become a little complicated." I felt like my world broken after hearing this. What if I'll never become a mother? What if I never have my own family with Farhan? These types of thoughts start clouding my mind.

Doctor handed me water which I gladly accept and slowly drink it. "Can I become a mother in future, doctor?" I asked few seconds later. "I'm not sure. It's all in Allah's hand." She said giving me my folder. I nodded my head with a small smile and went out of her room. I sat on the bench in the waiting hall and held my face in my hands. I closed my eyes letting all the tears escaped from my eyes.

After few minutes later, I wiped my tears with the palm of my both hands. I grabbed the folder and my bag, and got up. "Maha?" I heard Aiman voice. I turned around and saw her with Ahmed bhai. "What are you doing here? And were you crying?" Aiman asked looking at me. I shook my head with a small smile and said, "It's nothing. BTW what are you guys doing here?" Aiman looked at me carefully then slowly said, "Just a check up." I nodded my head and quickly excused myself, not want them to ask more questions.

.........

I opened the door of the house and silently sat on the couch in the living room. I put my things beside me and start crying holding my face in my hands. I felt someone in front of me making me remove my hands.

I looked up and saw Farhan kneeled down in front of me. I hugged me quickly and tightly. He wrapped his arms around me as I sobbed in his chest. He rubbed his hands on my back gently and kissed on my head. Few seconds later, he picked me up in his arms and took me upstairs in our room.

He laid me down on the bed and removed my hijab. I quickly pulled his down and hugged him. He rubbed my back as I hiccupped. "Mano, what happened? Why are you crying?" He asked as I calm down a little. I looked up at him and said between my hiccups, "I may never (hiccup) give you a (hiccup) baby." He stared at me in confusion and asked, "What do you mean?" I looked down at my hands which were on his chest.

~~¤¤¤~~

Farhan POV

Finally, the meeting was finished. I wanted now nothing but want to see the face of my beloved wife. I went in my cabin and took my phone out as it start ringing. I answered once I saw it's Ahmed.

"What was Maha doing in hospital?"

"What? I don't understand what you are saying. She was in hospital?"

"Yeah. She was and crying too."

"I'll call her and see what happened."

"OK. Allah Hafiz!"

"Allah Hafiz!"

I hanged up and saw a message from Mano. I dialed her number but no response. I quickly went out of my office to my car. I quickly drove to the house and silently praying everything will be fine.

When I reached home no one was there. I removed my dress coat and tie. I threw them on the couch and opened few top buttons of my shirt. I dialed Shawaiz number but no he was also not picking up. I heard the voice of car and few seconds later Maha entered in the house but didn't notice me.

She sat on the couch and start crying. I kneeled down in front of her and she hugged me once she notice me. She was crying nonstop. I took her up to our room and laid her down on the bed after removing her hijab.

She hugged me and start crying and sobbing again. When she said she may never give me a baby, I became confuse. What did she mean. "What do you mean?" I voiced my thought. She looked down at her hands on my chest and said quietly, "I want to doctor and she said I have low chances. I may never have a family. She said maybe I'll never become a mother." I felt like my whole body become numb. She start sobbing again. I quickly pulled her in my arms and calm her.

After few minutes later, when she stopped crying, I made her look up at me. "Doc said you have low chances but that doesn't mean in future we can't have family. If not then it will be OK as long as you are beside me. Plus, there is always an option of adopting. Just have faith in Allah. If He will, then we will have a baby. We will have then as many as you want." I said wiping her tears and kissed on her forehead. "Tell me how many you want?" I asked her to enlighten her mood. "I don't know." She whispered looking at our intertwined hands. "Hmm.. You know how much I want? I want like a whole cricket or football team." I said with a smile as she looked up at me in shocked then her face turned sad. "Hey! Don't be sad. We'll have as many babies as you want in future." I said kissing her forehead.

__________

Assalam o Alaikum!

How are you all?

Don't forget to click on star button for vote and comment.

Till next time take care.

Allah Hafiz!